topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 3:49 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: prize contest  (Read 3911 times)

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
prize contest
« on: December 06, 2008, 08:41 PM »
It's no a 'deal' or 'discount' so I thought I would post it here.

I think all you have to do is leave a comment on this web page. But I'm not sure.

http://www.geekstogo...ontest/#comment-5259

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: prize contest
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 04:35 PM »
This prize package contains an embarrassment of riches. We’re going to ask our contest winner to share the feeling that comes from giving magic. To enter our contest, simply reply in the comments with what part of the prize package you’d share, and with whom you’d share it (no full names please). The winner will be drawn at random from the qualified entries. So, while there’s no need for a long entry, I and others may enjoy reading them.

The holidays are a time for giving. Many organizations and individuals are in need. We recommend a donation to an organization, not an individual or relative, but the final decision is yours. If requested, we can mail your donation anywhere in the world. We also want to hear your story! If possible, take videos or photos of your recipient, along with a story of the donation. We’d like to publish it, and share your experience of giving magic.

They arent very clear what they mean by donation - do they mean the hardware that you might give to someone? (I think so)
Tom

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2008, 04:43 PM »
I think they're talking about the portions of the prize package that the winner is going to giveaway...

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2008, 05:09 PM »
Great find, cmpm  :Thmbsup: There're 49 other sites running similar contests for the same package. Most of them are more involved/specific in what you need to do in order to enter, though.

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2008, 08:12 PM »
No problem, love to find things!

I didn't post who I would give what to cause I really don't know.
The schools here are up to date with tech stuff, so I would have to do some searching for the proper place to give some of this. It's a small town though so it should not be too hard to find some place for some great technology.