topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:55 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: 250 Marketing Tips book  (Read 10728 times)

Max Nomad

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
250 Marketing Tips book
« on: December 06, 2008, 10:01 AM »
Greetings, all,

Attached to this post is a PopUp book containing 250 Marketing Tips. Full credits to the sources are inside the book. Feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: 250 Marketing Tips book
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 11:05 AM »
Just wanted to post a reply saying hello; some people might think this is a "spam" post but i just wanted to say i think it's fine.
A sample of the popup tips:
5.) Carry business cards with you every day, ALL day. (They do not do any good in the box!)
6.) Create a personal name tag or pin w/your company logo, wear it at high visibility meetings.
7.) Stay alert to trends that might impact your target market, product or promotion strategy.
8.) Read market research studies about your profession, industry, target market groups, etc.....
9.) Collect competitors ads & literature; study them for information about strategy, product features & benefits, etc...
10.) Ask clients why they hired you & solicit suggestions for improvement.
11.) Ask former clients why they left.
12.) Identify a new market.
13.) Join a list-serve (e-mail list) related to your profession.
14.) Subscribe to an Internet Usenet newsgroups or list-serve that serves your target market.
15.) Create a new service, technique or product.
16.) Offer a simpler, cheaper, smaller version of your (or another existing) product or service.

This material may not be for me, but seems like some might find it useful.

Max Nomad

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: 250 Marketing Tips book
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 11:19 AM »

Thanks for the greetings and thumbs up...

This PopUp book was originally inspired by a discussion on www.contractorstalk.com . Aside from having a small publishing company, I'm also a contractor with a company that does custom tile work and home improvement. Because of what's happening in the U.S. economy and housing markets, times are hard for many contractors and construction companies. This list of Marketing tips is geared toward any small business owner that could use some inspirational ideas on how to get their company name out there. Originally I'd considered writing something like this in Visual Basic but as soon as I came across PopUp Wisdom there was no reason to reinvent the wheel so I converted the tips into a book.

Just wanted to post a reply saying hello; some people might think this is a "spam" post but i just wanted to say i think it's fine.
A sample of the popup tips:
5.) Carry business cards with you every day, ALL day. (They do not do any good in the box!)
6.) Create a personal name tag or pin w/your company logo, wear it at high visibility meetings.
7.) Stay alert to trends that might impact your target market, product or promotion strategy.
8.) Read market research studies about your profession, industry, target market groups, etc.....
9.) Collect competitors ads & literature; study them for information about strategy, product features & benefits, etc...
10.) Ask clients why they hired you & solicit suggestions for improvement.
11.) Ask former clients why they left.
12.) Identify a new market.
13.) Join a list-serve (e-mail list) related to your profession.
14.) Subscribe to an Internet Usenet newsgroups or list-serve that serves your target market.
15.) Create a new service, technique or product.
16.) Offer a simpler, cheaper, smaller version of your (or another existing) product or service.

This material may not be for me, but seems like some might find it useful.