ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

DONE: Timer to run app at random time within a given period each day

(1/3) > >>

jovejupiter:
Hi,

This is the first time I've used this forum (recommended by a Lockergnome forum user), so here goes.....

I'm looking for a way to run a program at a random time within a given period each day. I've searched the web but I can't find anything suitable

The user would supply the time of the start of the period, the time of the end of the period and the path/name of the program to rum.
So for example, if the start time was 1am and the end time was 5am, the "timer" software would run the given programme once a day, at some random time between 1 and 5am, with the time that the program runs being different each day

It doesn't need a fancy interface - just a functional program which isn't user hostile.

Also, the definition of "random" is fairly loose. I gather that Excel uses a formula like
random_number=fractional part of (9821 * r + 0.211327),
where r = the previous random number
The results of this are random enough for most everyday purposes.

Any programmers feel like taking up the idea?

Thanks in advance

Tony

mouser:
i really like this idea - hopefully skrommel will see it and come up with something.

PhilKC:
Ok, done the app, just need to make a GUI that can actually be used :)

jovejupiter:
Thanks PhilKC,
I'll look forward to seeing the result
Cheers
-Tony

PhilKC:
Done!
http://tanyvska.co.uk/DC  ('Till I get my space here sorted out smiley)
Yours is the 'RRunner.exe and .jpg'
Bugs? Suggestions? Shout them out :)
You will need the latest .NET 2 framework (Use windows update if you don't already)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version