ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

How to capture drop-down menus?

<< < (2/4) > >>

40hz:
You could always just go with a screen recorder application, do your thing, and then snip the individual screen images you want from that. That would give you any possible sequential screen you could want since it would capture your entire session.

But keep Googling. I'm sure there's an application already written that will record multiple screen images at selected intervals. I seem to recall seeing something along those lines either over at ghacks.net or downloadsquad.com . You could also cruise snapfiles.com and nonags.com for some other possible solutions.

Good luck.

mouser:
most screenshot programs, like screenshot captor, will let you take a sequence of images automatically in a timed fashion.

however 40hz's idea of using a screen recorder to capture basically a movie, where you can extract the particular images you want after the fact has some real merit in some cases and is definitely something to consider.

jhebert:
Ah... yes, I am using ALT+PRTSCR to capture! I'll change that and see how smoothly it goes for me. I'm pretty sure I tried the PRTSCR key alone to capture the dropdown itself... but I was trying out a LOT of things during a hectic period yesterday, and it's entirely possible I overlooked that. Changing ALT to SHIFT with PRTSCR sounds most promising.

The idea of a screen recorder is interesting... there may be need to train others and it could work for that. I'll check it out, too!

Thank you

James

40hz:
most screenshot programs, like screenshot captor, will let you take a sequence of images automatically in a timed fashion.
-mouser (December 05, 2008, 10:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks Mouser! I suspected (but didn't know) it did.

I'm really gonna need to read the docs for Screenshot Captor one of these days, so I can use it more effectively than I do.

Great app! :Thmbsup:

mouser:
For Screenshot Captor, from tray menu you can toggle the delay capture mode and autocapture mode (set times in options dialog):

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version