ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New duplicate file finder... I am open to features suggestion

<< < (7/10) > >>

Simpsoid:
I am using duplicate file removal,and i think it's better...U dont think so?

skywalka:
The most important feature for me is being able to access the program from the Windows Explorer right click context menu.  I hate having to open a program & rebrowse to the directory that I'm already working with.  That goes for any application.

I'd like to be able to merge duplicates with hardlinks.

Curt:
The most important feature for me is being able to access the program from the Windows Explorer right click context menu.  I hate having to open a program & rebrowse to the directory that I'm already working with.  That goes for any application.-skywalka (January 27, 2009, 11:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

- ditto

AsmDev:
Hello everyone,

I've been working on this software last two months and now it is almost done. I reviewed your requests and most of them have been implemented. I've also added support for archive files (.zip and .rar for now, as they are most common on the internet) and here are some new screenshots:

Duplicate files in archives are presented in several ways and one of them is following: each archive file that has duplicates outside itself is added to this list. You can expand/collapse to see them and mark the ones you would like to remove:

Also, there is a feature that will find archives with same content regardless of their name or extension. For example here are two archives with different name and type but with same content:

And the last but not the least is the feature that will find all folders where archives have been extracted. This happens often as you download some .zip from the internet and extract it somewhere but later you forget about it completely. Each archive has list of folders attached to it in the list, where it has been extracted:

If you still have some ideas feel free to let me know.

By the way, I am looking for BETA testers to whom I will be giving a free license after this software is released so if you'd like to contribute I'd really appreciate that. Please note that I need users who really need this kind of software and who would really like to give it a real-world test, and not just guys looking for free license. Those people should not worry either as I will be giving free licenses and discounts to this community when this project is done.

So send me a PM if you are interested, with your e-mail and operating system you use so that I can send you instructions and test build.

Thanks

Lutz_:
AsmDev,
these sound like very useful search options, no doubt.  Hopefully the UI remains relatively straightforward.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version