topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 6:03 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Need undo!!  (Read 4216 times)

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Need undo!!
« on: December 04, 2008, 12:04 PM »
I just accidentally deleted my entire tree, and there's no undo to recover.  I looked at all the backup files, but I can't seem to figure out how to open them.  I go to "open" and double-click on one of the dated backup files and nothing happens.  I'm a little worried.  Please help, thanks.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Need undo!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 12:30 PM »
you could have simply exited and said NO to saving.

but anyway, for recovery:
  • exit LBC.
  • make copies of your backup files and your main file (copy your whole directory or whatever)
  • ok now move your bad .mcf file (thats the file with the real content) to a safe place.
  • and copy one of your backup .mcf.bak or .mcf.bk2 to filename.mcf
  • of if you've made *explicit* backups using the maintenance menu, they will be anmes FILE_date_.mcf
  • and then restart.

now the main danger with recovering from backup is that you will mess up and overwrite your backup files in the process, so please do make a copy of everything safely before trying to restore stuff.

keep in mind something that may confuse you.  LBC uses 2 files, a .mcp and a .mcf
the .mcp is what tells it which .mcf files are loaded.  the .mcp file gets backed up but it's really pretty insignificant.
the files you care about are .mcf files.  usually you have only one .mcf file open at a time but you can have multiples.

let me know how it goes.
email me at [email protected] if you need more help.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Need undo!!
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 01:30 PM »
Thank you!