topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:12 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Education Management Software?  (Read 8744 times)

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Education Management Software?
« on: December 04, 2008, 10:41 AM »
To all,

My wife is starting school, as I've discussed a couple of times here, and we are preparing for her initiation date. As such, I am looking for a program which she can use to manage her various schedules (quizzes, assignments due, hours required to be online per week per class, etc). I know most calendars can do this but I have a feeling someone out there has something already designed with just this purpose in mind. I would also like something, if not the same program, which can help you manage financial aid information, required documents, keep track of digital copies of docs, etc.

Does anyone know of such a monstrosity? Does one even exist?

Only time, and a few of you smart people here, will tell!

Thanks!

Josh

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Education Management Software?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 11:50 AM »
The only one I know of that specifically bills itself as a planner for college students is StudentLife.

http://www.tesorosof....com/studentlife.htm

They have a 30-day trial. It will set you back $25 if you want to keep it.

Student Life
Version 3.0.7

Student Life is a personal organizer built with the college student in mind!

Simplify the chaos of college life with this cool student organizer. Student Life contains a class scheduler/information manager to help students schedule their classes and keep important information about the class. It gives you the means to organize all their class notes. It has a degree tracker to allow the student track the progress of their degree(s) along with their GPA/QPA. It has a homework/test tracker to help the student keep up to date on homework assignments/scores and tests/scores. The social life manager helps students keep track of any social activity, to do list, and job scheduling. The contact manager keeps all contact information of friends, family, and classmates. The scholarship and loan manager allows students to track their scholarship applications and student loans. The reminder manager allows the student to maintain all their reminders for any and all activities. The conversion calculator is a great tool for students to use to convert any weight, distance, temperature, volume, or velocity values. The calendar function helps students look at their daily, weekly or monthly schedule. Student Life has all this and the added feature of allowing the student to change the look and feel of the program by setting their favorite "skin". This is a fun and useful tool for ALL students. 

StudentLife.gif

My nephew used StudentLife while he was getting his BS in Engineering at Boston University.

Rhutobello

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 03:02 PM »
be aware that McAfee site advisor has flagged one of their product "golf Buddies" as containing a trojan named Voundo.
The rest of the downloads was tagged green though :)

PhilB66

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 08:05 PM »
FET - Open source free timetabling software for automatically scheduling the timetable of a school, high-school or university.

main-form.png

Also, check out the Open Source Free Software Tools/Links page for the English User's guide and links to other open source free software for school administration/scheduling.

Josh

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 10:45 PM »
I have to give you all credit, mouser was right. You all are just a wealth of knowledge. I am trialing studentlife at the moment as it seems to be the most complete program for this task, but will also look at FET.

Thanks for all of the links. I will post my results when completed.