topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 12:35 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: USBSafelyRemove: 1yr free / lifetime discount  (Read 11481 times)

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
USBSafelyRemove: 1yr free / lifetime discount
« on: November 26, 2008, 08:11 AM »
I just saw a Raymond.cc post telling about a free 1-yr license for USBSafelyRemove.

USB flash drives are so common nowadays and I believe most of us already have one. It is very convenient to carry along our data with us all the time but can also be a problem when you’re unable to properly eject it from your computer. The error message “The device ‘Generic volume’ cannot be stopped right now. Try stopping the device again later.” is what you’ll see when you’re having the problem. You can use Unlocker to unlock the files in used and then eject OR you can use a special tool called USB Safely Remove developed to help you easily manage your external hotpluggable device.

USB Safely Remove normally cost $20 for a single user license which last a lifetime but they’re giving away free licenses to everyone for a week in order to promote upcoming version 4.0. You may use all the features of the program and get upgrades for one year for free. Actually they’ve done this early this year on February to promote version 3.3, so no big surprise that they’ll start doing it again. Continue reading on how to get your free USB Safely Remove v4 registration code.

USB Safely Remove is a neat and handy replacement for the standard ‘Safely Remove Hardware’ tool. It will make life easier and save time for those who have several hotplug (USB, SATA, Firewire) devices and those who use them extensively.

Just in case, here's a direct link to the deal.

When I went there, I discovered there's also a 20% discount for a lifetime personal license. This seems like the perfect license: for your personal use, you get lifetime updates and usage on all of your computers.

Registration benefits
    * Buy only one license for using the program on all your computers!
    * Pay once, always get upgrades - free future version upgrades!
    * The registration reminder will never popup again.
    * Technical support.

The discounted price is $14. The page leads me to believe that the deal is only for today, but you know how those things go.

Disclaimer: I have no association with this company. Heck, I've never even used the product -- it just looks very useful, and I've heard good things about it.

Edit: it appears that the free license deal is only good this week, the week of Thanksgiving.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:18 AM by CWuestefeld »

tranglos

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: USBSafelyRemove: 1yr free / lifetime discount
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 09:08 AM »
I've been using USBSafelyRemove for a few months now, really nice if you swap thumbdrives often. Love being able to disconnect drives via a hotkey. The lifetime license for multiple machines is icing on the cake.

(Zaine wanted fanboyish reviews... well I have yet to find a fault in USBSafelyRemove. It's not exactly the kind of software you interact with much, but it *is* nice to have it running if you like to save two seconds here and there, or avoid stretching your arm much to reach for the mouse :)

gexecuter

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Move over and give us some room...
    • View Profile
    • Elite Freeware
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 04:58 PM »
Btw apparently the giveaway week has ended. I found out the heard way just now, oh well until next time. Only 9000 people took advantage of the deal which is kinda low right? maybe this program is just too niche for most people.
Mouser is made of win and awesome!

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 07:44 PM »
Heh, heh - the giveaway starts tomorrow (Nov 27) and ends on Dec 3. So try in about 3 and a half hours, when it'll be midnight on the eastern seaboard of the US!

BTW the 30% discount on the lifetime licence is already in effect  :Thmbsup:

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 12:55 PM »
I applied for the giveaway. Still waiting for the reg code. Not sure about the emphasis on wanting your real full name.

Started trying prog; looked at Forum. Think I'll probably buy it during the discount. I'm always swapping USBs in and out; sometimes mine and sometimes not. The options look really useful.

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 01:01 PM »
The page leads me to believe that the deal is only for today, but you know how those things go.
You're quite right. It's still there on the 27th. Doesn't make it any less useful though.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 01:47 PM »
The page leads me to believe that the deal is only for today, but you know how those things go.
You're quite right. It's still there on the 27th. Doesn't make it any less useful though.

The giveaway has started on November 27th and will have continued until December 3rd, 2008

From the deal page.

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2008, 01:53 PM »
Yes, but the deal I was talking about was the discount for the lifetime license. Again advertised as just for today.

NigelH

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 03:04 PM »
Just got my key.
FYI from the email.

Congratulations, you are now the owner of free one year license
for USB Safely Remove.

Your license is valid until: 2009-11-27. You may use the program without
any restrictions and get upgrades to any versions during this period. After this
period the program will became into the trial mode

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2008, 03:17 PM »
Yes, but the deal I was talking about was the discount for the lifetime license. Again advertised as just for today.

Sorry, thought you were referring to the giveaway. FWIW, I took advantage of the lifetime licence offer yesterday morning (the 26th) without any problem...

gexecuter

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Move over and give us some room...
    • View Profile
    • Elite Freeware
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 09:15 PM »
It's funny, when i clicked the link in the OP i got a message saying that the giveaway week was over but when i browsed the same page using anonymouse i was able to register. Maybe the deal is for americans only?
Mouser is made of win and awesome!

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 09:46 PM »
If it is, their IP filtering sucks - I'm Canadian, using a Canadian ISP.

mauzer_tim

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 07:05 PM »
It's funny, when i clicked the link in the OP i got a message saying that the giveaway week was over but when i browsed the same page using anonymouse i was able to register. Maybe the deal is for americans only?
Hello,
I'm an author of the program. There is no any IP filtering on our server. Perhaps it was a temporarily problem.

If someone cannot get a free license, please write us from our support form: http://safelyremove.com/support.htm. BTW, free licenses giveaway will end on December 5th.

P.S.
CWuestefeld, thanks for the post. In concordance with our rules (http://safelyremove....m/writeanarticle.htm), you may request a lifetime license if you need it. Contact us in case if you are interested in the license via the support form.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:09 PM by mauzer_tim »