ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Your favorite quotes?

<< < (3/8) > >>

40hz:
Anything by Mark Twain, Ambrose Bierce, or Oscar Wilde.

Looking at the political situation in the USA over the last eight years, I'm seeing a lot of truth in this famous quote:

"He who fights with monsters should be careful least he thereby becomes a monster. When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back at you." Friedrich Nietzsche from Beyond Good and Evil

On a lighter note:

"I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence. There's a knob called "brightness", but it doesn't work. Every time I turn it all the way up, the shows stay just as dumb."  - Leo Gallagher

zridling:
The problem of youth is to get out of one extreme without falling into its opposite.
 - Aristotle

Religion is the last refuge of human savagery.
 - Alfred North Whitehead

scancode:

* Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.
* Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities.
* You keep believing, I'll keep evolving.
* If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you.
* Doesn't it bother you that you put more logical thought into choosing a car than you do in choosing a god?
--- and most atheist/agnostic quotes... i just love that kind of wicked sense of humor.

city_zen:
Fortes Fortuna Juvat (Fortune Favors the Brave)

And, of course: "I'll have what she's having" (my sig  :D)

Paul Keith:
wonders why mouser suddenly made this thread

Are you planning a new PopUp Wisdom book to coincide with the release of that FARR + PopUp Wisdom Search Engine?  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version