ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Your favorite quotes?

<< < (6/8) > >>

Eóin:
"There are only two endless things: The universe, and the human stupidity." - Alfred Einstein

Both funny and true at the same time. :o
-Shook (December 05, 2008, 07:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Actually Einstein was wrong about the universe in that statement and later realised that himself. In the mean time his belief in an endless universe caused him to introduce a 'cosmological constant' in his theory, something he later describe as being the biggest blunder of his life. See here or here.

Not meant critically, just an interesting aside :)

tomos:
great thread:- most LOL ones
(for me)
The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Albert Einstein
-ChalkTrauma (December 05, 2008, 09:45 PM)
--- End quote ---
"I feel so miserable without you; it's almost like having you here." - Stephen Bishop
-nosh (December 06, 2008, 12:08 AM)
--- End quote ---

I enjoyed lots of iphigenie's, in particular
Life is not lost by dying; life is lost minute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways.
- Stephen Vincent Benet-iphigenie (December 07, 2008, 06:39 AM)
--- End quote ---
look, I guess this is kind of inappropriate and definitely off-topic, but a friend of mine nearly died in a car crash Saturday morning, he had his second major operation today and things are looking good - woo-hoo :-) - helps me appreciate the minutes :)
[no need to comment, just enjoy the minutes too ;)]

ewemoa:
Came across the following attributed to Larry Wall recently:

No prisoner's dilemma here. Over the long term, symbiosis is more useful than parasitism. More fun, too. Ask any mitochondria.
  <199705102042.NAA00851@wall.org>

Odd that we think definitions are definitive.  :-)
  <199702221943.LAA20388@wall.org>

If someone stinks, view it as a reason to help them, not a reason to avoid them.
  <199702111730.JAA28598@wall.org>

(Been enjoying these sorts via PopupWisdom :) )

moflats:
"Courage is fear holding on a minute longer."  General George S. Patton

infojunkie1:
The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.

InfoJunkie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version