ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Tree List

<< < (6/8) > >>

deviantopian:
I think these would be nice in a context menu:-ewemoa (December 16, 2008, 06:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Looks like too many items to me. I might put Expand All/Collapse All as toolbar buttons as they're not item specific. The rest will need some thinking about.

On a side note, w.r.t. expanding and collapsing, I think it'd be nice to be able to restore the expanded / collapsed state if I ever choose Collapse All or Expand All (say, by accident, or even to get a quick peek).  Does it make sense and what do you think of the idea?-ewemoa (December 16, 2008, 06:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Sounds like a good idea. If I can manage to get Undo to work like that I will do.

The following seem to me to work better with clicking and dragging (rather than in a context menu):-ewemoa (December 16, 2008, 06:28 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes, I agree. Drag and Drop is something that I'd like to implement. Unfortunately last time I tried it, it was a little awkward - dragging and dropping would mess with the item's checkbox status >:(

ewemoa:
Thanks for the consideration...and good luck  ;)

fenixproductions:
2deviantopian

Delete key does nothing :(
Please also add LiveFilter feature.

----------
BUG
----------
Steps to reproduce:
1. start TreeList.exe
2. type filename and hit Enter key,
3. new node is focused in edit mode,
4. write something down and hit Enter,
5. press "Menu" key (between right Win and Ctrl)
6. node's checkbox disappears!

Notes
- occasionally it hapens also for other nodes (and their children).

Dormouse:
Terrific. The hierarchical functionality is what's missing from JustDoIt IMO.
-Ehtyar (December 05, 2008, 05:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Interesting differences between the two.

This has the hierarchy. And multiple lists.
JustDoIt has moving of the done items, a record of what is done (can be kept long-term, on daily, weekly, monthly etc basis), a very easy way to import items in bulk and 'automatic export'.

Dormouse:
Congratulations Richard, as a simple To Do List it works fine (at least I couldn't break it).

And simple is pretty nice. I also use ToDoList, which now does almost everything, but it's not small and quick anymore (well, not as small and quick as it used to be)
-Perry Mowbray (December 05, 2008, 05:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I also use ToDoList, but like most tasklist/todolist progs it is complex and not well suited to quick lists of transitory stuff. So simple tasklist progs definitely have their place, and probably would be used most often. In comparing this with ToDoList and JustDoIt, it seems to me that this is the prog that is best for very transitory jotting and todo management, JustDoIt interfaces well with other progs (easy to export from ToDoList into it for example) and is better for checking whether something was done and so fits in-between TreeList and ToDoList. I hope both progs develop further because they could both be even more useful than they are now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version