ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Tree List

<< < (5/8) > >>

ewemoa:
I tried downloading with Firefox 3.0.4 and IE 6 and this time I get a file w/ MD5:

Tree List.zip: 0b7ef14d126d83fac2f5fe20669ea624 (strange that this doesn't seem to match)

But least the shortcut keys work now :)

Perhaps the browser I originally downloaded w/ is caching...Sorry about this confusion.

FWIW, I think I may have been mistaken about:

This is distinct from the file I downloaded when I first tried it out.

--- End quote ---

deviantopian:
I've updated Tree List again. It will now remember the expanded/collapsed state of items when they are moved.

ewemoa:
The remembering of the expanded/collapsed state across moving of the nodes seems to work here.

How much trouble would it be to have some context menu support for the nodes in the tree (e.g. Add Item, Add Sub-Item,etc.)?  I have noticed that when I happen to be using my pointing device that I'd like to get at some of the functionality via a context menu.

deviantopian:
A context menu for adding items should be fairly straight-forward, same with expand/collapse. Cut, copy & paste might be a little more tricky, but doable.

The difficulty with context menus is deciding what functions to put on them and what order to put them in. Here are a few possibilities:

* Add Item
* Add Sub-Item
* Delete
* -
* Undo
* -
* Cut
* Copy
* Paste
* -
* Edit
* -
* Move Up
* Move Down
* Move Left
* Move Right
* -
* Expand All
* Collapse All
* -
* Expand Item
* Collapse Item
* -
* Expand Item & Sub Items
* Collapse Item & Sub Items
Some of these would probably be useful/better as toolbar buttons.

ewemoa:
I think these would be nice in a context menu:

* Add Item
* Add Sub-Item
* Delete
* -
* Undo
* -
* Cut
* Copy
* Paste
* -
* Expand All
* Collapse All
* -
* Expand Item
* Collapse Item
* -
* Expand Item & Sub Items
* Collapse Item & Sub Items
On a side note, w.r.t. expanding and collapsing, I think it'd be nice to be able to restore the expanded / collapsed state if I ever choose Collapse All or Expand All (say, by accident, or even to get a quick peek).  Does it make sense and what do you think of the idea?

The following seem to me to work better with clicking and dragging (rather than in a context menu):

* Edit - can already do this
* -
* Move Up
* Move Down
* Move Left
* Move Right

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version