ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: Tree List

<< < (2/8) > >>

Ehtyar:
Terrific. The hierarchical functionality is what's missing from JustDoIt IMO.

Ehtyar.

Perry Mowbray:
Congratulations Richard, as a simple To Do List it works fine (at least I couldn't break it).

And simple is pretty nice. I also use ToDoList, which now does almost everything, but it's not small and quick anymore (well, not as small and quick as it used to be)

Issues

* Couldn't get the first issue to manifest: everything worked fine.
* The Add List button effectively gets around the filename issue.
* Third issue: plans for a save button?
Planned Features

* Rearranging the list is pretty necessary (in your planned features)
* Copy & Paste might also be a good idea for list management

deviantopian:
I liked that it seems to handle CJK-ewemoa (December 05, 2008, 04:55 AM)
--- End quote ---
Cool :) That's good to know.

(the produced XML files are UTF-8?)
--- End quote ---
To be honest I'm not sure how the encoding is decided. I didn't specifically set it myself.

and that it appears to be portable-friendly :)
--- End quote ---
Now that was on purpose 8)

Terrific. The hierarchical functionality is what's missing from JustDoIt IMO.-Ehtyar (December 05, 2008, 05:19 AM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks. There don't seem to be many simple to do list applications with this functionality, which is the main reason I decided to write this.

deviantopian:
simple is pretty nice. I also use ToDoList
-Perry Mowbray (December 05, 2008, 05:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've tried similar programs. I either don't use them because they're too complicated, or procrastinate by messing around with all the features, which isn't good when you're trying to get things done :P

Issues

* Couldn't get the first issue to manifest: everything worked fine.
* The Add List button effectively gets around the filename issue.
* Third issue: plans for a save button?
-Perry
--- End quote ---

* I'm not sure what causes the wrong items to be changed. It has only happened a couple of times as far as I can remember. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to track down if it becomes a real problem.
* The Add List button helps, yes, but still interrupts the flow of a keyboard lover :) I've changed it so the matched list is loaded & focused when Enter is pressed, which will hopefully keep everyone happy!
* I was really trying to avoid adding a save button. There's probably another way I can avoid accessing the disk too much. Just need to figure out the logic :-\

Planned Features

* Rearranging the list is pretty necessary (in your planned features)
* Copy & Paste might also be a good idea for list management
-Perry
--- End quote ---

Yeah, I won't be able to use it fully myself until I can rearrange the items easily. I'll add copy & paste as well.

Thanks for all your comments. Much appreciated.

Richard

Perry Mowbray:

* The Add List button helps, yes, but still interrupts the flow of a keyboard lover :) I've changed it so the matched list is loaded & focused when Enter is pressed, which will hopefully keep everyone happy!
* I was really trying to avoid adding a save button. There's probably another way I can avoid accessing the disk too much. Just need to figure out the logic :-\-deviantopian (December 05, 2008, 07:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

You couldn't use buttons with keyboard shortcuts for both of these scenarios?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version