Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 26, 2014, 12:11:44 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NANY 2009 Release: Trout (audio player)  (Read 246630 times)
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #825 on: November 03, 2013, 01:42:01 AM »

Thanks, app.  Please see if this fixes it:

That works! Thanks!

sqssman
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #826 on: November 04, 2013, 02:25:54 PM »

Thank you! a great player! There is a small negative - does not read playlist .cue
skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #827 on: November 05, 2013, 12:46:06 PM »

Thank you! a great player! There is a small negative - does not read playlist .cue

Welcome to the site, sqssman, and thank you for your kind words about Trout.   smiley

Drugwash
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #828 on: November 22, 2013, 11:54:40 AM »

Is anyone else having the problem of unplayable FLAC tracks under Win9x (app103, anyone)?
Intrigued by this comment at the MSFN forums, I downloaded the 2L-050-SABD track in FLAC stereo 24BIT/192kHz format from here , added it to Trout's playlist and tried to play it on my Win98SE - tags are not recognized, play time is wrong (00:59:59 instead of 00:03:01), bitrate is also wrong (-892197 instead of 4928) and it won't play at all. Album art, however, is displayed fine. Under XP-SP3 everything works correctly. I tried XP-SP2 compatibility in KernelEx, to no avail. Trout version used is 1.0.6 build 71 on both machines.

I don't have an AHK wrapper for the BASSFLAC library to test it separately. At this point I'm not sure if the library doesn't support Win9x (although dependencies seem to be fully satisfied) or there's a problem with the internal wrapper in Trout.

Jody, what would you suggest?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 12:01:28 PM by Drugwash; Reason: added time, bitrate and album art details. » Logged
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #829 on: November 22, 2013, 06:35:29 PM »

Is anyone else having the problem of unplayable FLAC tracks under Win9x (app103, anyone)?

Sorry, my WinME pc has been retired...and I don't own any FLAC files, any way.

Drugwash
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #830 on: November 23, 2013, 03:50:26 AM »

Oh, that's unfortunate.  Sad

I don't have any FLAC tracks either currently - except for the demo downloaded from the link above - but I'd like to know I have a player that supports such tracks, if I ever come to own any.

GOM Player wouldn't play that FLAC - neither on 98SE nor in XP-SP3. And there's no other players on my machines.

Thank you for replying!
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #831 on: November 23, 2013, 04:02:59 AM »

I don't have any FLAC tracks either currently - except for the demo downloaded from the link above - but I'd like to know I have a player that supports such tracks, if I ever come to own any.

I know where you can get plenty, full albums, free & legal. PM me if you want some links. (I just prefer not to bother when MP3 suits me just fine)

skwire
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #832 on: November 23, 2013, 08:09:17 PM »

Jody, what would you suggest?

I really don't suggest anything.

This file seems like a corner case as it doesn't play in VLC (!) or GomPlayer but it works fine in Trout under Windows XP/7.  Trying to support corner cases can quickly become a descent into madness.  Furthermore, I've no desire to support Windows 98, so I've attached the bassflac.ahk that I use in Trout if you want to try to figure out what the issue is.

* bassflac.ahk (2.07 KB - downloaded 46 times.)

Drugwash
Participant

« Reply #833 on: November 24, 2013, 09:44:23 AM »

Thank you, I'll see if I can get to the bottom of this. Wink
kilele
Charter Member

« Reply #834 on: January 10, 2014, 01:58:27 PM »

Could there be a volume slider up to 200% just as VLC has ?
I can hardly hear my speakers at 100%  Grin
skwire
Global Moderator

« Reply #835 on: January 10, 2014, 02:05:11 PM »

Could there be a volume slider up to 200% just as VLC has ?
I can hardly hear my speakers at 100%  Grin

I don't think there is a way to do this in the BASS library that Trout uses.

korbs
Participant

« Reply #836 on: February 26, 2014, 09:27:43 AM »

Good job overall guys,
can you help me locate 'Always on top' option??
skwire
Global Moderator

« Reply #837 on: February 27, 2014, 09:29:35 AM »

Hi, korbs, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.

Trout doesn't have an in-built always-on-top feature.  However, there are many freeware programs out there that allow you set AoT for any window.

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #838 on: August 13, 2014, 03:26:56 PM »

Hi, korbs, and welcome to the DonationCoder site.

Trout doesn't have an in-built always-on-top feature.  However, there are many freeware programs out there that allow you set AoT for any window.

The minibar does. Just right-click the minibar and set "Always on top"

Pages: Prev 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.044s | Server load: 0.51 ]