topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 1:42 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: URL Snooper locks up with "menu index out of range"  (Read 10208 times)

chaat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
URL Snooper locks up with "menu index out of range"
« on: December 22, 2008, 11:25 PM »
I get this error when attempting to scan for available adapters when first opening URL Snooper. I have a Gigabyte GA-PA45-UD3P motherboard with two Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.0) network adapters.

I start URL Snooper with "run as administer" and XP SP2 compatability. After I encounter this error, it appears that URL Snooper is in a loop and can not be stopped except by using the task manager to end the process.

I'll include screen shots to show the URL Snooper screens as well as the driver details from Device Manager

I'm using Vista Ultimate 64 bit version. I also tried with both the 4.02 Winpcap as well as the 4.1b4 and got the same issue either way.

Thanks

Chuck Haatvedt
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 11:37 PM by chaat »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: URL Snooper locks up with "menu index out of range"
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 11:56 PM »
if i remember correctly this can happen when its run once with one set of adapters and then run again when adapter list or count changes.

try exiting url snooper, deleting the settings.ini or urlsnooper.ini file and then restart.

you do need to run url snooper in administrator mode by the way.

let me know if this works.

(ps. of course this shouldnt cause such an error, but i think this is what causes it)

chaat

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mouser,

thanks very much. After deleting the "settings.ini" file and restarting URL Snooper, everything is working fine.

Thanks again.