ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Screen saver that isn't a screen saver...

(1/5) > >>

TAF2000:
After searching hear and else-where, I still can't find what I am looking for, so am in the hopes someone can help me...

I need a screen saver that doesn't stop the acctual screen from displaying what is going on.

For example, I have one computer that shows my Outlook email constantly.  I want to see when new mail comes in accounts and such, but the computer sits showing the Outlook program all day... which can't be good for the screen.

I want a screen saver or even just a constant program that runs a line or lines of random color over the screen while not affecting the screen underneath at all... just something to switch up the pixle colors so they don't burn in one color.

Can this be done?

mouser:
good idea -- there are quite a few screensavers which work by modifying the current screen rather than replacing it -- would be interesting to build a list of them, especially the ones that would be least disruptive of the screen contents so that you could actually come look at it at any time and still be able to read it.

TAF2000:
Yup... that would be exactly what I am looking for.

Deozaan:
Windows used to have one that would just kind of distort the screen with a fish-eye lens that moved around the screen. You might try looking for something like that.

Crush:
Would it be enough to rotate the colors and invert them every few seconds?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version