ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Gift-giving season cometh. What computer hardware/peripheral would you like?

<< < (7/7)

majorspacecase:
I'd also like to replace my CPU (1.6GHz Celeron), just isn't happening right now.

On the brighter side got a $50 bonus from a local quilt shop I do graphic for. So I got a Logitech MX518 from Newegg and with the rest it's off to homedepot to pick some wood to make a custom Keyboard Tray.

TomD101:
Hello all,

my wish to the whole family is a wireless barcode scanner. There is an outfit in the Netherlands that makes good cataloguing (?) software for your book, comic, music or DVD collection (I saved on the hyphens, didn't I?). To add a book to the collection, you only have to scan the barcode and the prog searches with amazon and a bunch of other websites for data, cover and so on.
Now here's the good part. They offer a wireless usb-connected handscanner to shoot up to a gadzillion barcodes right from the shelf, the return to the computer and load them all up to the software, which starts downloading the data connected with the barcode from amazon.
At looong last I will have a thorough inventory of my comic- and book-collection.
Here's the site to look it up:
www.collectorz.com

Have a nice holiday and a great New Year

Thomas from Berlin

Nod5:
Thomas, maybe an iphone or other mobile phone together some software could work as well as a standalone scanner?  Look here for an example of 1D barcode scanning on the iphone: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5EY8b09sHw
So maybe you even have a device capable of doing what you wish for already!

OldElmerFudd:
Maybe a USB-powered Time Machine so I can finish all these repair/build projects!! A retail copy of Windows home Server would do as well.
 :D :D

OEF

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version