ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Withdrawn: JustRecently

(1/2) > >>

justice:
NANY 2009 Entry Information
Sorry this project is withdrawn.

Application NameJustRecentlyVersion In DevelopmentShort Description Fast extendable recently opened files solutionSupported OSes Windows XP and VistaWeb Page http://justice.dcmembers.com/ Download Link Not available yet System RequirementsAny pc that can run Windows XP/Vista
Author My Profile

Description
Save time and frustration finding that file you last used. A fast recently used files browser that is extendible through .Ini files to support individual applications via registry keys or program locations.

Usage
Installation
Depending on feedback a portable or installable application will be made available.

Features
* Live Search
* Support for Recent Files and folders
* Group recent files by application for selected applications
* extend applications using easy to write ini files. (possibly an extension creator)
* Hope to add shell context menu support (needing some help)

techidave:
I find the "my recent documents" on the start menu of XP very frustrating to use sometimes.  I have some files I regulary use but they get overwritten when I am opening lots of pdf's or word docs off the web.  So this type of app may be useful to me.

Perry Mowbray:
That was my first thought reading this tease: My Recent Documents on steroids  :D

* Group recent files by application for selected applications
-justice (December 02, 2008, 04:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

Not sure how it'll work for the user, but that sounds like a dream! Extend the recent list of office documents past the 9 limit!  :Thmbsup:

Can hardly wait... justice: you're a dreadful tease!!

justice:
Thanks peeps :)
Well most applications keep either a set of registry keys or a list somewhere of the recent files that you see at the bottom of the file menu after opening the application that's the files I'm talking about with that feature.

There's a farr plugin thread that lists a lot of these locations.

Perry Mowbray:
Well most applications keep either a set of registry keys or a list somewhere of the recent files that you see at the bottom of the file menu after opening the application that's the files I'm talking about with that feature.
-justice (December 02, 2008, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

Using them or stealing them?

If it's just using them then the 9 file limit to Office stays  :(

If it's stealing (or maybe borrowing would be better), then the file limit is extended :)

I've also seen the RecentFilesView from NirSoft, but it was the ability to keep longer histories that was exciting me  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version