ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (234/300) > >>

tomos:
(another) nice cover of Creep:

Angela Aki- Creep(Japanese Cover)

tomos:
Sortof seasonal music:

Banquet Hall - Loreena Mc Kennitt (instrumental)
from what I guess could be called her Christmas album - To Drive the Cold Winter Away (which I like a lot)

40hz:
Ed (aka 40hz) once again showing some Puppy love. This one a bit of a departure from the usual avant-jazz-world thing Snarky Puppy usually does. Here's Tony Scherr doing what he does best, backed by Mike League & Co. - who just might be the best thing currently going!  ;D (Bass lovers and watchers: check out the Hofner 500/1 "Beatle Bass" Mike is using! And to think so many people think that little bass is only good for doing Beatles covers.)

40hz:
Sortof seasonal music:

Banquet Hall - Loreena Mc Kennitt (instrumental)
from what I guess could be called her Christmas album - To Drive the Cold Winter Away (which I like a lot)
-tomos (December 24, 2015, 07:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

That's a great album! One of my favs by Loreena.

Which puts me in mind of this video. There's many of versions of To Drive the Cold Winter Away - many of which are a little over the top. Even Loreena beams out that high note enough you need to watch your levels if you're wearing headphones... and you value your eardrums. But this solo voice with lute rendition by Jim Keyes hits what I think is an authentic and rather sweet spot. Done nicely with no pretensions to virtuosity or art, I think it captures the spirit and simplicity of the song beautifully, even if it is a very abbreviated version with some modernization of the original lyrics. I invite the DC community's opinion.

tomos:
There's many of versions of To Drive the Cold Winter Away - many of which are a little over the top. Even Loreena beams out that high note enough you need to watch your levels if you're wearing headphones... and you value your eardrums. But this solo voice with lute rendition by Jim Keyes hits what I think is an authentic and rather sweet spot. Done nicely with no pretensions to virtuosity or art, I think it captures the spirit and simplicity of the song beautifully, even if it is a very abbreviated version with some modernization of the original lyrics.
-40hz (December 27, 2015, 08:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

enjoyed very much :up:
for contrast (for those who dont know what we're on about) here's the version from Loreena McKennitt (from a playlist with most or all of the album To Drive the Cold Winter Away):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWXuxjzpx6M&list=PLLMItCRW7ryw5X_k7mfjVvHIPj4WMS6zP
I'm not a hifi guy, but it really needs a quiet space, and something better than laptop speakers would be nice :-)
There's something almost formal about that album from Loreena, some of the songs are quite old I'd guess. I love it myself

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version