ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (223/300) > >>

tomos:
And so now here's my favorite:
[ Cat Power - Ramblin' (Wo)man ]
-mouser (November 07, 2015, 06:06 PM)
--- End quote ---
:up:
impressive how different a cover can be

MilesAhead:
John Mayall et. al.

tomos:
Sort of getting into the guitar solo thing :p only kidding -- it's not my first port of call -- but I did [start to] grow up in the 70's so heard a fair bit... Not so much a fan of 'Mayall et. al.', but like a lot of what I've heard from Cream:

Cream - Spoonful live version from a concert in Detroit, 1967

MilesAhead:
Not so much a fan of 'Mayall et. al.', but like a lot of what I've heard from Cream:
-tomos (November 09, 2015, 03:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

I like the MayAll blues guitar stuff.  But his harmonica work is better.  Of course for all time guitar nobody tops Hendrix in my book.  Aside from the fuzz box and wah wah pedal stuff he had this poly-rhythmic thing going where he would accompany himself on the solos, live.  I don't think necessarily a lead guitar solo has to be fast or wild.  A lot of my friends were not impressed with the Traffic Low Spark guitar work.  But I liked it.  It was like the individual bent notes were funky even though not played in a bunch.

B.B. King was another style.  Even though what he played was not technically difficult, he had such a feeling to it that it captured your attention.  Made the guitar talk as they say.  But Eric Clapton is definitely not boiled spinach either.  :)

MilesAhead:
Phil Woods and Herbie Mann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version