ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (173/300) > >>

tomos:
Blast from the past (1978). Genya Ravan, a lady who set the tone and look - and raised the bar - for a lot of what came after.

Not a video proper. But still a great song. Here's Genya and Lou Reed doing Aye Co'lorado from her Urban Desire album:
-40hz (November 08, 2014, 07:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks for that tip - there's not much of her stuff on YT - and I didnt actually get to hear that one (I've been seeing "This video is not available" a lot lately :-/)
But I did get to hear some of her other stuff - e.g. a great version of Coney Island Baby (I get the impression it's recent)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWr0fvkRNls

Edvard:
WTF? I mean seriously...WTF???-40hz (November 10, 2014, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Dude, that ain't even half, and you know what I'm talking about...  :o

Just started playing the game Omikron - The Nomad Soul again after some years and got reminded just how exceptional the music (by David Bowie) was.
And here's the opening number, a version of New Angels of Promise. Still one of my all time favorite game (and hard rock) songs. (I like this one even better than the non-game studio version.)
-40hz (November 16, 2014, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm... the reverbed guitar skronk in that song reminds me a bit of Brian Eno's "Skysaw".  I can't find a decent video for the song, but it's a damn tight performance, with Percy Jones and Phil Collins nailing down the rhythm section for Eno and John Cale to squawk and noodle over.  Check it out if you've a liking...
 :Thmbsup:

Edvard:
OK, I have an earworm to share...  >:D

We'll start with the original: Loituma's performance of "Ievan Polkka" (instant happiness, I tell you...)

Wack it out, I mean WAAY out, to Japan, that is (this one only included for completeness):

Dip it in the surf:

Forge it in metal (sorry, couldn't find a decent video, but this folk-metal thing is rather fetching...):

And finally... UNTERGANG style!!

(this one had me crying...)

Ok, that's enough...
 ;D

tomos:
And finally... UNTERGANG style!!
[...]
(this one had me crying...)

Ok, that's enough...
 ;D
-Edvard (November 19, 2014, 01:40 AM)
--- End quote ---