ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (127/300) > >>

tomos:
That idea of mellow and upbeat at the same time reminds me of The Flashbulb. He has made a few tracks that feature a similar feeling, at least to me. Planet Th is not quite as mellow as Autumn Insomnia Session though. Both also have somewhat interesting music videos accompanying them.-p3lb0x (October 05, 2013, 07:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

thanks, enjoyed the first especially :up:

Deozaan:
I see Ulrich Schnauss as the ultimate in mellow and upbeat at the same time.

Years ago when I wasn't sure how to describe the music to a friend, I said "It's kind of like techno, but also really calming."

40hz:
This is a fun one. WoW's composer Jason Hayes has put together a group of talented professional musicians who will be arranging and performing music from famous computer games. The group is called Critical Hit - and this is their first video, the theme to Angry Birds.

I'm glad they're doing this for two reasons:

1. There is some really great music lurking in many old and new computer games that would sound fantastic if played on something better than a sound chip. Deathgate, M.U.L.E., Elite and a bunch of other games too numerous to list would all be ideal sources for some great musical arrangements.

2. This sort of music is fun to play if you're a musician. Tricky time and key changes, the opportunity to incorporate and show off some unorthodox playing techniques and special effects, and (above all) catchy melodies? Gadzooks! - most musicians I know would be lining up in droves for the chance to audition for this sort of ensemble. Music should be enjoyable to play and listen to. Something far too many composers seem to have trouble understanding.
 :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
This is a fun one. WoW's composer Jason Hayes has put together a group of talented professional musicians who will be arranging and performing music from famous computer games. The group is called Critical Hit - and this is their first video, the theme to Angry Birds.

I'm glad they're doing this for two reasons:

1. There is some really great music lurking in many old and new computer games that would sound fantastic if played on something better than a sound chip. Deathgate, M.U.L.E., Elite and a bunch of other games too numerous to list would all be ideal sources for some great musical arrangements.

2. This sort of music is fun to play if you're a musician. Tricky time and key changes, the opportunity to incorporate and show off some unorthodox playing techniques and special effects, and (above all) catchy melodies? Gadzooks! - most musicians I know would be lining up in droves for the chance to audition for this sort of ensemble. Music should be enjoyable to play and listen to. Something far too many composers seem to have trouble understanding.
 :Thmbsup:

-40hz (October 28, 2013, 10:38 AM)
--- End quote ---
That was so @#$%-ing good.

Deozaan:
Total Eclipse of the Heart, Diva Impressions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version