ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (89/300) > >>

40hz:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8AWFf7EAc4
-panzer (September 26, 2012, 02:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

Nice!

Cohen's Hallelujah has been done to death by so many singers I now cringe whenevr somebody records another version. But this performance is quite nice even if he took some liberties with the lyrics.

However, best is still the Lenny Cohen version used as the theme in the movie Watchmen. At least IMO. :up:

I particularly like Jeff Buckley for his song Grace.

Has some of that early-70s progressive rock vibe. :-*

40hz:
Thanks for the great comments 40hz -- really enjoyed reading that.
-mouser (September 26, 2012, 06:33 AM)
--- End quote ---

You're welcome! :Thmbsup:

Hope it wasn't "too much information." ;D

(I can talk about bassists and bass playing for hours. Obviously.) :-[

---------------------------------
Addendum:

Couldn't help but mention that this is the definitive performance of Sledgehammer. Peter Gabriel with the lovely and talented Paula Cole. From the Secret World Live tour in 1993.

:Thmbsup:

40hz:
Not actually a video. But a really unusual and interesting take on Cat Steven's song Morning has Broken. This one has been growing on me with repeated listening.

:Thmbsup:

Renegade:
Oh, baby~! Do I have a music video for you~! :D  :Thmbsup:

;D  :tease: :harhar: :greenclp: :beerchug: :eusa_dance:

40hz:
An utterly psychotic performance of an utterly psychotic (and her best IMO) song. Here's a young Alanis Morrisette doing You Ought to Know live at the Nulles Part Ailleurs in 1995.

Then there's this oddly hypnotic piece by Beth Orton called She Cries Your Name. Not much of a video, although Beth is certainly cute in a scruffy tom-boyish sort of way in this number - even if I haven't a clue what the video has to do with the song. But the song is very interesting. A haunting melody with some excellent acoustic guitar work (maybe with a tiny hint of Kaki King in places) and some superb jazz flute stylings. Almost Joni Mitchell-like to my ears. If you're like me, it grows on you with repeated listening.

And since I mentioned Kaki King, this is an example of some of the avant-garde things she plays. This is Playing with Pink Noise - the piece that put her on the map - and took an innocent Ovation Adamas guitar (now sold as the Kaki King signature model) places never dreamed of by it's creators.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version