ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (86/300) > >>

tomos:
As some of you may know from a previous post in this thread, I'm into the whole cigarbox guitar and homemade musical instrument thing.-40hz (September 11, 2012, 09:06 AM)
--- End quote ---

have a look at the first couple of minutes of this video (go to 0:30 if you're impatient), they show box and tin fiddles. The tin fiddles (1:00) are amazing quality - unfortunately we dont get to hear them play (I dont know if any are playing quality any more).

Recommend some music videos to me!

The South Donegal Fiddle Part 2 of 4

40hz:
@tomos - Thanks for the above. Never heard of a tin fiddle before. Interesting video about fiddle playing in general too.

A few of the CBN people have done cigarbox violins. Some of the results have been surprising. This particular one by Elmar Zeilhofer sounds quite amazing in the hands of an obviously talented and classically trained player by the name of Phoebe:

Although you'd never mistake the sound of a box violin for that of a fine concert instrument, that doesn't take away from just how good it does sound. Something that flies in the face of the myth that decent sounding violin-type instruments are beyond the scope of the average instrument builder to create.

Elmar is also involved in several other interesting projects such as this experimental "harp" guitar. This design combines several old ideas (i.e. 'harp' strings) with some modern innovations such as his own "flat pickup" design and using the obscure 'sliding rail' mount for a magnetic guitar pickup.

The results are wonderful:

8) :Thmbsup:

superboyac:
first...the violin girl is lovely <---edited (i.e. fake)
second...that violin sounds amazing!  holy crap!

this pose is amazing, i'm in love:

40hz:
first...the violin chick is hot and I want her to move in with me.
-superboyac (September 11, 2012, 08:11 PM)
--- End quote ---

Gently... ;)

Some of the folks at CBN are like family to me. :)

superboyac:
 :( too far?  my apologies.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version