ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (74/300) > >>

MerleOne:

Not much to say besides the song being pretty good and the video being a huge shoutout to old adventure games and consoles.
-p3lb0x (February 14, 2012, 05:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Wow, this brings back a lot of memories...

40hz:
Some of the best from one of the best: Chrissy Hynde

Tatooed Love Boys

MiDDLE OF THE ROAD - Live Aid 1985

Even today, she can still do it better than most rockers half her age.

Precious (live)

The guy on the Les Paul lets the time on his solo get away from him towards the end despite Chrissy and everybody else in the band trying to get him back down to the correct speed. That's one guitarist due to get his ass kicked royally by Ms. Hynde once everybody gets offstage and back to the greenroom. She doesn't suffer fools gladly. (She's been known to occasionally 'dope smack' band members when they piss her off.) Oh my, yes!

Don't Get Me Wrong (live)

Again note Chrissy around the 2:25 mark doing a little counting an time synchronizing to help the guy on the right keep it together.

Cantankerous and complicated, onstage and off. She's still everything live rock is all about. And one of the very few good music things that came out of the 80s.

tomos:
why stop :)

The Pretenders ~ Stop Your Sobbing

(a Kinks song)

40hz:
@tomos - Absolutely! That was the original (and best IMO) Pretenders lineup. The later incarnations never completely recaptured the magic of James Honeyman-Scott (died of heart failure brought on by cocaine intolerance) on guitar and Pete Farndon (fired from the band for performance issues brought on by his drug problems - and found dead in his home from a heroin overdose a short while later) on bass.

Not that it hasn't stopped Chrissie from trying to get it all back, as is evidenced by the fairly large number (13 and counting) of former members the band has since had in it's lineup.

The later incarnations of the Pretenders were good. Just not as good as the original. Fortunately, Chrissy Hynde remained consistently superb throughout all the vagaries.
 8) :Thmbsup:

Edvard:
Meanwhile, in Ukraine...

Band: Selo I Ludy
Song: It's My Life - Bon Jovi

I've always been a big fan of Eastern Bloc Metal, but... accordians!  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version