ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (36/300) > >>

Edvard:
OK, I didn't know where to post this. Here, or the Humour thread.... I think here is most appropriate.

If you're an old-school Metallica fan, you'll either love it or hate it.
Either way, you're not going to believe it...
At all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEwNrjvNiYs

I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or bang my head furiously.
...So I did all three...
 ;D

hehehe... "Rindiddlindiddlin DEDEDE rindiddlindiddlin dedede rindiddlindiddlin DEDE BATTERY! BATTERY!..."

Curt:
@Edvard - your post confused me quite a lot. Van Canto is of course a thousand times better than Metallica, and I *like* their album, but totally dislikes Metallica's music, (except for Mamma Said). And opposite of my opinion about Metallica, I can take Van Canto seriously; they are not a joke, but well educated singers. So, keep banging your head...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCGQiGEYl4Y

Edvard:
Curt, sorry if I confused you, I was not disparaging Van Canto.
In fact, I liked this and their other music (I had also seen the Wishmaster video, thank you) so much that I plan to purchase their albums as soon as I have the means to do so.
They are obviously VERY talented vocalists in their own right, and their music is definitely NOT something that your average rube can duplicate.

It's just that formerly being a VERY dedicated Metallica fan, seeing something so unusual done with their music induced a large bout of cognitive dissonance.
So at first I was amused, then alarmed, then finally to enjoy what I was experiencing.

Considering that, I just HAD to share it with all of you.
 :D

Lashiec:
Joke or not, you can't help but laugh a bit when you listen to guitar and bass lines played by human voices.

app103:
If you're an old-school Metallica fan, you'll either love it or hate it.
Either way, you're not going to believe it...
-Edvard (August 29, 2010, 12:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

Love it! (and so does my daughter)

Thanks for that.  :D

I love cover tunes when the artist doesn't try to be so true to the original that it's like a cheap knock-off. I prefer when an artist brings something truly original to it that makes it just as much theirs as the original artist. If you can't "own" the song you are covering, why even bother covering it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version