ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (171/300) > >>

Vurbal:
Electric bass. Though I'd seen them all. Fretted and fretless...4-string...then 5-string...then 6-string...then 8...then 12...

Then along came Mark Sandman of the band Morphine with his unique 2-string slide bass technique. At which point I thought I had heard it all too.

But now there's a pedal steel bass dubbed the "Slideking Bass" made by Jackson Steel Guitar Co. and played by none other than Zane King.

Learn something new every day.

:Thmbsup:
-40hz (October 26, 2014, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know John Paul Jones adapted  a pedal steel guitar into a bass many years back. More recently he had  Hugh Manson build him a lap steel bass. 

Of course you could give Jonesy a rubber band and a popsicle stick and he could make it groove.

Renegade:
But, every now and then there are some seriously cool ones. This music video falls into the AWESOME category!  :Thmbsup:

-Renegade (November 04, 2014, 07:31 PM)
--- End quote ---

Reminds me of this one, which was written when scientists said there were only 3 forms of matter:

Then after scientists decided there was a 4th form of matter, they wrote this one:

-Deozaan (November 04, 2014, 10:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

The funkiness never ends. A current theory on why Jupiter has an electro-magnetic field is that at its core it has super-heated hydrogen that has collapsed into a metallic form with an ordered, crystalline structure, and that metal contributes to the EM field.

Metallic hydrogen. Is that light metal as opposed to heavy metal? Could Yngwie play that?

Edvard:
The definitive answer to "Does down-tuning REALLY make a metal song 'Heavier'?":

Edvard:

Renegade:
The definitive answer to "Does down-tuning REALLY make a metal song 'Heavier'?":

-Edvard (November 06, 2014, 09:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Um... Yes?

;D  :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version