ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend some music videos to me!

<< < (71/300) > >>

Edvard:
... a tribute to the Amiga computer.
--- End quote ---
+1  :Thmbsup:
I've surprised more than a handful of folks with my links to current Amiga developments.
Yes, the software is still being developed (well, as of 2008...):
http://arstechnica.com/software/news/2008/09/amigaos41-ars.ars/1
Yes, hardware is still being developed:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AmigaOne_X1000
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam460ex
and with Cloud becoming more and more the way folks use their computers, Yes, it still might mean something.

JavaJones:
Good stuff guys. I loves me some Tim Minchin. :)

I saw Jonathan Coulton, who wrote "Still Alive", perform it live a few months back. Pretty awesome. :)

- Oshyan

Renegade:
synchronicity (ˌsɪnkrəˈnɪsɪtɪ) —noun
   (1) an apparently meaningful coincidence in time of two or more similar or identical events that are causally unrelated

--- End quote ---

I recently found this on YouTube quite by accident while looking for something else.

For those of you who are Portal fans - or just enjoy a cute song - here's the famous ending credit number Still Alive sung by the computer-villain GLaDOS and cleverly re-purposed as a tribute to the Amiga computer.

I'm amazed at how well it works in this context. ;D

Better watch it before they take it down. :) :Thmbsup:

-40hz (February 05, 2012, 07:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was so cute! I had to watch it twice~! :D

(And downloaded it!)

Renegade:
That was so cool, I had to go and find it again!

40hz:
Ok...I don't know about the rest of you...but I'm pretty much burned out from all the serious 'politics & technology' discussions we've been having for the last two weeks.

I need a break.

Here's a neat little group from Norway called Katzenjammer. They're one of those "weird groups" as they're usually called in the industry. Oddball instruments, eclectic program, unusual but solid interpretations of other people's music, and some very good stuff of their own. Easy to listen to. (And not too hard on the eyes either.) A 'fun' group in the truest sense of the word.

from Wikipedia:

Katzenjammer is a Norwegian band from Oslo which was formed in 2005.

The band members are Anne Marit Bergheim, Marianne Sveen, Solveig Heilo and Turid Jørgensen. Their music mixes genres such as folk music, pop, rock, country and balkan music. Even though the members are from Norway, their lyrics are in English. The four members switch instruments often and have a stated goal of playing instruments they haven't played before.[1] They play more than 25 different instruments, including some which are quite unusual in a band setting, such as accordion, contrabass balalaika, zither, ukulele and melodica. The band collaborates with Mats Rybø, a fifth "phantom member", who has written the bulk of the band's songs.

The band cites many influences including Goran Bregović, Danny Elfman, Django Reinhardt and Knutsen & Ludvigsen. Also, the band states that they are not only inspired by folk but cartoons as well.
--- End quote ---

Gotta love them taking chances like that! :Thmbsup:

Just what's needed (along with four or five good drinks and some decent pizza to tuck into with friends) at the end of a disturbing newsweek.

Demon Kitty Rag (Actually, it's more of a vamp than a rag...but who cares?)

An interesting take on Michael Rutherford's Land of Confusion:

and...

Shepard and Princess

After several drinks and a few hours I'll probably move over to industrial metal and techno. Possibly ending the night slumped against a wall staring off into space as I let hard core death metal blast all around me... (@Renegade - consider this me throwing down the gauntlet! ;D )

But for now, I just want something sweet, light, and genuine.

So ladies...if you will indulge me please? :)
 :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version