Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 25, 2014, 02:43:34 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29 Next   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Recommend some music videos to me!  (Read 142421 times)
superboyac
Charter Member

Is your software in my list?

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2011, 04:32:53 PM »

that's she's good looking & only got one button on her shirt probably didnt put you off either though, I'm sure :-)
thumbs up yeah baby.  She can sing, she has that curly hair that I love...mmmmmm.  if she dyes that curly hair red, I'm done.

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2011, 04:45:53 PM »

that's she's good looking & only got one button on her shirt probably didnt put you off either though, I'm sure :-)
thumbs up yeah baby.  She can sing, she has that curly hair that I love...mmmmmm.  if she dyes that curly hair red, I'm done.

Sorry Man! You're doomed then...

She does red  Kiss

and honey/strawb blond... tellme

Cool

« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 04:47:26 PM by 40hz » Logged

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
superboyac
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2011, 04:50:49 PM »

ok...I'm done!

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2011, 05:12:14 PM »

Take comfort. There are far worse ways to go.  smiley

superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2011, 05:36:20 PM »

Ah!  I just remembered who she reminds me of: Rebecca Gayheart.  I used to have the biggest thing for her when I was a teenager.

40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #205 on: March 25, 2011, 06:45:47 AM »

I keeping with my current theme of late 60s early 70s blues/rock female vocalists, lets not forget Linda Ronstadt - that tiny little lady with that great big voice.

Later in her career she branched into musical theater and the so-called Great American Songbook. But prior to that, she owned any rock stage she walked out on.

Here's Linda Ronstadt, at the top of her game, performing the Eagles tune Desperado. This video is from her legendary 1977 appearance in Atlanta GA during her Simple Dreams tour. Many Ronstadt fans consider this to be her definitive concert. Even with the limitations of the era's recording technology, the power of this woman's voice comes through loud and clear.

Listen to it here.

If it meets with your approval, also check out Blue Bayou and her take on the Rolling Stones song Tumblin' Dice with a segue into You're No Good.

Just goes to prove big sound can come in small packages. smiley Thmbsup
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:12:23 PM by 40hz; Reason: Fixed typos » Logged

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #206 on: March 25, 2011, 06:50:52 AM »

It's friday.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0</a>

(Rebecca Black, Friday -- this song is making the rounds for being ridiculously bad but i honestly like the pureness of it)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:09:21 PM by mouser » Logged
worstje
Honorary Member

The Gent with the White Hat

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #207 on: March 25, 2011, 07:07:43 AM »

I'm trying to have respect for the girl mousey, but other than TGIF I see zero appeal about that clip. The post-production that warps her voice grates my ears, the lyrics are horribly repetitive and the visuals itself are pretty plain.. so the only thing I can really respect her for is that she's not bouncing around like a girl who got lost on her way to the pool.

Now this is some epic music: clickety.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 07:16:07 AM by worstje » Logged
40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #208 on: March 25, 2011, 08:00:16 AM »

@ worstje -Awesome! I'm gonna hire that cat next time I need some keyboard tracks laid down.  Thmbsup
 Grin

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #209 on: March 25, 2011, 09:37:58 AM »

Ugh, mouser!

After watching ~10 seconds of that video, I needed a healthy dose of Suicide Commando. Unfortunately I couldn't find any interesting videos to link to, but F*** You B**** would've been pretty appropriate - or perhaps Bind, Torture, Kill smiley

- carpe noctem
superboyac
Charter Member

« Reply #210 on: March 25, 2011, 10:36:03 AM »

Linda Ronstadt!  My mom was a big fan when we were growing up.  I know all those songs by heart.  Strong voice.

gpetrant
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #211 on: March 25, 2011, 11:29:33 AM »

This one has a lot of meaning for me.  I first played it at my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary.  The room went quiet as we (my girlfriend and I) slowed danced alone on the dance floor.  We both started crying half way into the song and that's when I proposed to her.  It became our wedding song, and I still get emotional whenever I hear it.  So, I hope it touches you as deeply as it touched me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6VojYGrnpg       

Shywolf
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #212 on: March 25, 2011, 12:10:18 PM »

@gprant & mouser -
unfortunately both your videos are blocked here - could you please give a name with the link so they can be tracked down by people who cant see them?
thanks thumbs up

Tom
Shades

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #213 on: March 25, 2011, 05:44:13 PM »

@gpetrant:
Seriously?!?  Marylin Manson (Sweet Dreams) on a 50th wedding anniversary?!?

The original song by the Eurythmics is good...and that one I would expect to be played on a 50th wedding anniversary. Annie Lennox sure has a great voice, especially in those days. And as covers go, Marylin manson did a marvellously good job with it.
40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2011, 12:34:46 PM »

Here's one for present and future fans of dark cabaret. (If you don't know what dark cabaret is - look here.)

May I present Ms. Amanda Palmer and Mssr. Brian Viglione of Boston's own Dresden Dolls in a video of their song Coin-Operated Boy.

This video tells an interesting story. And it's been analyzed to death up on the web, often provoking strong reactions (pro and con) from both sexes. Pay close attention to the last five seconds of the video. Amanda Palmer puts her acting talents to use and leaves us with something that, while very subtle, should leave no doubt as to how to interpret the story - or understand where the girl in it is coming from.

Strange how often what passes for 'strength' is just another manifestation of sadness and despair.

Cool

Great group. A little different - and maybe not everybody's cup of tea - but still a great group.

They're currently "on hiatus" and working on individual projects. But their website is up for any who are interested. Also visit Amanda Palmer's personal site here. Very intriguing lady with some interesting things to say. Check out her blog while you're at it. Very raw and honest. One of the few personal blogs I visit regularly.

Some excerpts from her blog commenting on the whole Rebecca Black Friday video phenemenon.

smiley
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:41:18 PM by 40hz » Logged

Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2011, 02:01:14 AM »

It's friday.

(Rebecca Black, Friday -- this song is making the rounds for being ridiculously bad but i honestly like the pureness of it)
I'm trying to have respect for the girl mousey, but other than TGIF I see zero appeal about that clip. The post-production that warps her voice grates my ears, the lyrics are horribly repetitive and the visuals itself are pretty plain.. so the only thing I can really respect her for is that she's not bouncing around like a girl who got lost on her way to the pool.

Now this is some epic music: clickety.
Ugh, mouser!

After watching ~10 seconds of that video, I needed a healthy dose of Suicide Commando. Unfortunately I couldn't find any interesting videos to link to, but F*** You B**** would've been pretty appropriate - or perhaps Bind, Torture, Kill smiley

AAAaaand here's the antidote:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsrIeeRTKDk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsrIeeRTKDk</a>

cheesy

MY HAND IS A DOLPHIN!!

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
p3lb0x
Supporting Member

Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!

« Reply #216 on: April 03, 2011, 04:11:19 AM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi00ykRg_5c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pi00ykRg_5c</a>

I have to say the death metal remix is funnier.

Stop mousering people so much - Mouser
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #217 on: April 03, 2011, 06:32:24 AM »

Fscking awesome, p3lb0x cheesy

- carpe noctem
40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2011, 01:32:37 PM »

Fscking awesome, p3lb0x cheesy

+1. But I'd like it better if they also did some filter work on the video to give it a more death metal look...

JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2011, 01:34:47 AM »

They all pale in comparison to the brilliant version by Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon (and The Roots). cheesy
http://www.hulu.com/watch...ngs-friday-with-the-roots

- Oshyan

The New Adventures of Oshyan Greene - A life in pictures...
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2011, 02:34:15 AM »

damn.. that was good.
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #221 on: April 04, 2011, 02:47:10 AM »

It's friday.

I prefer the "Bob Dylan" version.  Grin

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FISHEO3gsM</a>

They all pale in comparison to the brilliant version by Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon (and The Roots). cheesy
http://www.hulu.com/watch...ngs-friday-with-the-roots

- Oshyan

Took me 2 hours to get my daughter to shut off her music so I could watch that video...worth the wait.

And this is something I came across the other day:

f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #222 on: April 04, 2011, 03:05:27 AM »

Awesome, app - both the audio and the comparison with The Beatles smiley

- carpe noctem
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

« Reply #223 on: April 04, 2011, 03:48:44 AM »

Haha, that is some 1st rate Bob Dylan impressionizing. Both the intonation and the rythm/cadence. Niiice.

- Oshyan

The New Adventures of Oshyan Greene - A life in pictures...
40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

« Reply #224 on: April 04, 2011, 04:21:35 AM »

@app

re: Rebecca Black vs The Beatles

That was absolutely brilliant whoever came up with that! Thmbsup

Pages: Prev 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 29 Next   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.068s | Server load: 0.12 ]