ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: File Replicator

(1/2) > >>

darklight_tr:
NANY 2009 Entry Information
Application Name File Replicator Version v1.2.1 Short Description See Description Below Supported OSes Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 Web Page tylerretelle.comDownload LinksInstaller OR ZIP (Both link directly to my website for the download)System Requirements
* Can run on pretty much any PC with the supported OSes aboveVersion History
* See Readme included with download or the Updates section belowAuthor Tyler Retelle (darklight_tr)

Description
File Replicator is a program that searches for a specified file within a specified root folder and replaces it with another copy of the file.  This is useful for updating a file that is located in multiple folders to a newer version.  This is a GUI based replacement for the File Propagator script.

Updates (Use Help->Check for Updates to upgrade)

02/14/10:  v1.2.1 has been released.  Release notes below.

-Engine upgraded to AutoHotkey v1.0.48.05.
-Added Windows 7 to the supported and tested OS lists.
-Removed Windows Vista from the tested OS list because I no longer have any PCs running Windows Vista to test on.  The OS will remain on the supported list.
-Includes v2 Revision 2.1.0 of the File Replicator Manual.
-Installer upgraded to Script Setup Utility v2.6.1.
-Made several changes to how version information is interpreted and displayed.

Please Note: Upgrades from v1.0.0 or older are not supported due to the changes made to the installer.  You must uninstall that version before installing the latest one.

Planned Features

* None at this time, but I am open to suggestions.
Screenshots

Main GUI

Options GUI

Usage

Installation
I have attached two downloads to this post.  FileReplicator_setup.exe is the version with an installer based on Inno Setup, FileReplicator.zip is a zip file with no installer.

* InstallerIf you use the installer it will create shortcuts where you specify.

* ZIPIf you use the zip file extract the contents to a folder and run the .exe.

Using the Application
The script is pretty straight forward, but I have created a manual (included with the download) that will guide you through all of the various options offered in the script.

Uninstallation

* InstallerIf you use the installer you can uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs (Programs and Features) or from the Start Menu (if you had the installer create Start Menu shortcuts).

* ZIPIf you use the zip file just delete the extracted files and folders from your PC to uninstall.

Known Issues
None at this time.

mouser:
nice, i can see where this might be useful.
would be nice to have an option (set by default) to show a confirmation messagebox each time it finds a file it is about to replace, so user can verify and click OK/SKIP/CANCEL.

darklight_tr:
nice, i can see where this might be useful.
would be nice to have an option (set by default) to show a confirmation messagebox each time it finds a file it is about to replace, so user can verify and click OK/SKIP/CANCEL.
-mouser (December 01, 2008, 02:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Good idea!  I'll look into implementing that.

darklight_tr:
I have released v1 BETA 5.0.0, which implements the replacement confirmation dialogs as mouser suggested, and makes a couple other changes.  I would appreciate it if anyone who tests this release could let me know if they find any bugs or issues.

darklight_tr:
The NANY 2009 release of File Replicator is now available.  Enjoy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version