topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 25, 2024, 3:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Newbie has a question''  (Read 5853 times)

SaveDaHorses

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Newbie has a question''
« on: November 30, 2008, 08:45 PM »
Hello All'' My time is very limited tonight and this is my first time here. My first question is to ask is there a program that can help a third party like me that has a website called SaveDaHorses.org that collects donations with paypal thru a vote and donate program. In the past I had to update everything from the collections amounts to who is winner the total amounts collected. At the end of the month the party that has the largest amounts wins all. But recently we have it fixed to where we can have more winners according to the amounts collected. I like to know if theres a program to help us with having more people vote and not donate. Our program assist these parties with funds and the votes dont pay the bills. I myself dont make any profits off this I only wanted to make a difference. To date we have awarded more than 15,000 to the parties last year we want to increase it and help out many more parties that are 501c and can get a tax break if needed.. Im going to have to get off here but I will return tommorrow if someone knows how they could help me please email my at [email protected] or [email protected] Our site is active if you like to see it.. Thanks.

SaveDaHorses

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Newbie has a question''
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 08:46 PM »
Opps heres the site.. www.SaveDaHorses.org

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2008, 03:57 AM »
- they shoot horses, don't they?

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 10:07 AM »
Hmmmm...

Out of curiosity, why does an organization that sponsors U.S. and Canadian horse rescues register its domain to an address in Portugal?

Is this organization registered to conduct business in the United States; and if so, is it also a registered non-profit entity?

The website doesn't have very much information as to who is actually running this group, other than a list of names and e-mail addresses (all of which point back to savedahorses.org).

There are no tax IDs, bios, street addresses, or financial statements posted anywhere on the website that I could find. And although the website mentions rescues that took place in 2007, the domain savedahorses.org has only been registered since 12-APR-2008.

Also, none of the reported rescues have enough information (or even a link) for anyone to verify the veracity of the claims.

My girlfriend and I are both "horse people" and lifetime contributors to various animal welfare causes. And while we applaud people who share a sane view of animal rights issues, we also like to know who we're dealing with before we contribute or get involved.

Unfortunately, something about this website leaves me just a little suspicious.

I'd really appreciate if savedahorses could give us a little more information about this organization.

DNS info on savedahorses.org :

Domain ID: D152372250-LROR
 Domain Name: SAVEDAHORSES.ORG
 Created On: 12-Apr-2008 00: 41: 24 UTC
 Last Updated On: 25-Nov-2008 12: 51: 49 UTC
 Expiration Date: 12-Apr-2011 00: 41: 24 UTC
 Sponsoring Registrar: Register.com Inc. (R71-LROR)
 Registrant ID: 4736525b48fd6059
 Registrant Name: Domain Discreet
 Registrant Organization: ATTN: savedahorses.org
 Registrant Street1: Avenida do Infante 50
 Registrant Street2:
 Registrant Street3:
 Registrant City: Funchal
 Registrant State/Province: Madeira
 Registrant Postal Code: 9004-521
 Registrant Country: PT
 Registrant Phone: 361.19027495331
 Registrant Phone Ext.:
 Registrant FAX:
 Registrant FAX Ext.:
 Registrant Email: [email protected]

Admin ID: 3877357b48cec373
 Admin Name: Domain Discreet
 Admin Organization: ATTN: savedahorses.org
 Admin Street1: Avenida do Infante 50
 Admin Street2:
 Admin Street3:
 Admin City: Funchal
 Admin State/Province: Madeira
 Admin Postal Code: 9004-521
 Admin Country: PT
 Admin Phone: 361.19027495331
 Admin Phone Ext.:
 Admin FAX:
 Admin FAX Ext.:
 Admin Email: [email protected]
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 10:13 AM by 40hz »

SaveDaHorses

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 04:30 PM »
Ok you did alot of research.... Now lets see where to start ok the first website was savedahorses.com it went passed due and I lost the name to someone who bought it and would not sell it back to me. So I started the same site as .org since I work with 501c rescues that are organizations. the Reason we dont have a 501 yet is because we dont need one being Im a third party and can prove and delivery the funds within one month. I keep all records of donations in amounts dates and who from. This year in 08 we have only did one program. We have a board of 9 members but have lost 3 due to lost of jobs and hard times including a death of one of our board members. being the site is registered in Portugal I had no idea its from some one not from the US. Its register.com which is affilated with JD Powers so thats all I know about that. Any donor that donates to our program we can delivery a tax receipt at the end of the month from the rescue of your choice that you like to see win the funds. We do allow one private and its indicated that if you vote for a private we  cannot provide you a tax receipt anyone that donates to our program is informed of this situation. Reason our goals are to also help privates these privates are chosen by the donors. Then our board does some research on them to make sure there legit. Also our goals are to get privates to become a 501 so we have more power to help them in the long run. We are also looking to become a 501c too because we can focus on large business donations and apply for grants which will help us grow. We have many goals and have a reputable standing with our donors. We also have a yahoo newsgroup to take polls and inform our members of situations and new program ideas. We have been fighing horses slaughter since the mid 80s you can about ask me anything about it from the auctions to the plants. If you like to know more about the plants feel free to call me because this can take forever and I dont like typing so much at 618-966-3546 Thanks Tommy

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2008, 05:33 PM »
Thanks for the reply. :)

SaveDaHorses

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2008, 09:07 PM »
Hello All''  The last time I was on here I was asking a question about a program is there is a such program that will help me with the program I have created. To refresh everyones memory is that I need a program that will enable me to keep count of all the donations and votes that come into my program so I can have accurate account to all the amounts that come in for that month. Thanks