topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 2:00 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Wanted: Nexian's HandyGPS Ubigo maps of the USA  (Read 7938 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Wanted: Nexian's HandyGPS Ubigo maps of the USA
« on: November 29, 2008, 01:23 PM »
A friend of mine contacted me today and asked if I knew where to download the Ubigo maps of the USA (he wants the complete set) for Nexian's HandyGPS (used for the Handspring Visor and other similar PDA's).

They used to be a free download on the Nexian site, but the company went out of business almost 2-3 years ago.

He has been going nuts looking for these maps and can't find them anywhere. I tried looking for them myself, and I couldn't find them either.

Does anyone have any idea where/how to get them?

agentsteal

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 05:47 PM by agentsteal »

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Wanted: Nexian's HandyGPS Ubigo maps of the USA
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 12:43 AM »
The problem with what archive.org has there is that it includes the pages from the site (only the public ones) but the login doesn't work and the maps are unavailable (if they even have them).

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 08:07 PM »
The problem with what archive.org has there is that it includes the pages from the site (only the public ones) but the login doesn't work and the maps are unavailable (if they even have them).

Does it have to be the UbiGo maps?

According to MobileTechReview you can use any mapping program:
The installation of the GPS was easy. The HandyGPS app is built into the Springboard module, so no need to install it. To install StreetFinder for Palm OS, Pop the CD in; install the software, sync your Visor, and you are done. Note: * Versions other than the Deluxe version come with GPS and navigation software, but do not include a mapping application or any map data. You can download either UbiGo 1.5c, which has US Street and highway maps, from Nexian's web site; or use any NMEA-0183 compatible mapping application. Whichever you choose, you must install one of the above to get street maps. We installed Rand McNally because it's included in the Deluxe version we received.

app103

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 08:40 AM »
Thanks for that info. I'll let him know and see what he says.