ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > N.A.N.Y. 2009

NANY 2009 Release: PopQuotes

(1/1)

mouser:
NANY 2009 Entry Information
This is my first (of hopefully at least two) entries to the NANY 2009 event.  I'll make an early download available soon.

Application Name PopQuotes plugin Version v1.0 beta Short Description Search large collections of quote/fortune files for pastingSupported OSes WinAll Web Page n/a Early Preview Download Link https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/addons/popquotes/PopQuotes.zip System Requirements
* Requires Find and Run Robot (FARR)Version History
* First releaseAuthor Mouser

Description
The main point of this plugin is to let you search many thousands of quotes to find ones that mention certain words, so you can past them in emails or whatever.  You could also use it with your own custom text files (one item per line). It can read the same data files as my Popup Wisdom program (including standard unix fortune files).

Features
Search as you type.

Planned Features
Better startup speed.

Screenshots

Usage
Installation
Unpack into FARR plugins directory.

Using the Application
type: popq SEARCHTERMS

spooz2:
I am utterly lost!  I have downloaded and installed:  1.  FARR 2. POP Quote 3. POPup Wisdom  I have extracted the POP Quote zip contents to FARR plug-ins.

I have tray icons for FARR and POP up Wisdom.  I do not have an icon for POP Quote.  Wisdom's tray icon does not have pop-up hint as to its identity.

When I double-click the Wisdom tray icon or use the Alt+W hot key I do not see any quotations.  Rather, the window "To get started" appears.

mouser:
i will post clearer instructions on how to use this, seems it could be made easier to use.
make sure you go to the options and enable the books you want to use.

spooz2:
Voila!  I completely missed the procedure of checking the boxes (left of book) to enable the books in preferences\options.

Suggestion:  It would be real cool if, as an addition to Copy, Random, there was a check box to automatically copy the quote to an email (I use Outlook) with a choice of position eg. double space below signature block.

Many thanks,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version