ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Collectorz.com... again!

<< < (23/24) > >>

MerleOne:
It relies on Amazon databases.  The webcam bar code scanner is working really well, but for just a few input, I prefer to type the barcode, it's quicker than installing my webcam.

You can very easily add your own scans (I prefer to look into google images and pick the one that suits me, when possible).

When you buy it, you get a license for 2 PCs (it requires online activation).  Manual data entry is sometimes a bit strange, but when you get past that, it's really very efficient.

vizacc:

speaking of lookups -

for those curious

you can buy 3.1 million-record music collection with all the artists, CDs, tracks, timings, discography information for a 5-figure sum.

with that, it could probably fulfill all those look-up queries.

J-Mac:

speaking of lookups -

for those curious

you can buy 3.1 million-record music collection with all the artists, CDs, tracks, timings, discography information for a 5-figure sum.

with that, it could probably fulfill all those look-up queries.

-vizacc (January 21, 2010, 02:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Uhh...   Huh?   :huh:

Jim

vizacc:
You guys were talking about Amazon, (whatever) database lookups.

I suggested, instead of relying on Amazon or whatever for their book/cd/music lookups, Collectorz would spend that money on getting a look-up database for themselves.

that way, it would satisfy all the look-up queries they had.

J-Mac:
You guys were talking about Amazon, (whatever) database lookups.

I suggested, instead of relying on Amazon or whatever for their book/cd/music lookups, Collectorz would spend that money on getting a look-up database for themselves.

that way, it would satisfy all the look-up queries they had.

-vizacc (January 21, 2010, 04:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

You really think that Collectorz will spend money on their database? Are you kidding me? Or are you serious? (Alwin.…. is THAT you?  ;D )

No, Collectorz.com wants you and I to build their database for them. And to pay for the pleasure of doing so. Don’t believe me? Go ask him.  8)

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version