ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Collectorz.com... again!

<< < (19/24) > >>

Josh:
Man, there are two programs I can't use. If KenR is using XMM or DVDP, I cannot in good conscience use either :/

;) :Thmbsup:

KenR:
Man, there are two programs I can't use. If KenR is using XMM or DVDP, I cannot in good conscience use either :/

;) :Thmbsup:
-Josh (June 07, 2009, 09:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

LOL!!! That's right Josh, you can't. So you just go on using using Movie Collector. Keep making angry posts in the forum that get deleted, paying for the new required service, and buying the latest required update because the last one is no longer supported.  Enjoy that collection of DVDs Josh!

Josh:
heh. For anyone who isn't tracking, Ken and I have a very joking relationship on IRC ;-)

Anyways, Collectorz does make a nice application, but I am not entering all of this information only to submit it to collectorz and have them charge for it later. Nuts to that.

J-Mac:
heh. For anyone who isn't tracking, Ken and I have a very joking relationship on IRC ;-)

Anyways, Collectorz does make a nice application, but I am not entering all of this information only to submit it to collectorz and have them charge for it later. Nuts to that.
-Josh (June 07, 2009, 10:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Josh, I know that you remember all the "way out there, ranting" posts made about two years ago, where out-spoken users claimed that Collectorz.com would be locking customers into their database and having users build it. And then moving the program to a web-based program and taking away all control over your collections.

Man oh man, the raging, conspiracy-theorist maniacs were right!!!   :o  The sky truly IS falling!!   :P ;D ;D

Jim

Carol Haynes:
Latest news from Collectorz - now you can save $79 (ha ha) when you 'buy' Collectorz software:

This is Alwin, with great news:
Our new service "Movie Collector Connect" is now live!

Here's quick reminder of what Movie Collector Connect is:

* An easy way to put your movie list online, on Collectorz.com servers
* Share your movie collection with friends by just emailing them a web-link
* Browse your movies from any online mobile device
* Uploading your data to Connect is easy, just use the new Synchronize feature
 from the "Connect" menu (available in Movie Collector 6.3 only!).

Here's a preview of what your collection could look like online:

http://connect.collectorz.com/users/demo/movies

Special offer - $79.90 discount. Valid through August 15:

** Movie Collector 6 plus one year of Movie Collector Connect for $39.95 **
--- End quote ---

Yeh right ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version