ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Collectorz.com... again!

<< < (17/24) > >>

TucknDar:
As for the note from Alwin to "not upgrade to the latest if you still want feature X" comes too late for me as my databases have been converted.-legless (June 04, 2009, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Last time I checked v6 databases were still compatible with the latest v5.x of Movie Collector, so going back (well, forward in some cases) to MoC 5 should be no problem for you. I use both versions. v6 for regular usage, and v5 when I need to add DVDs since few Scandinavian releases are in the collectorz database. Bit of a workaround, obviously, but I really haven't found another product that I'm too happy with. Still looking though... sadly. :-\

legless:
As for the note from Alwin to "not upgrade to the latest if you still want feature X" comes too late for me as my databases have been converted.-legless (June 04, 2009, 11:40 AM)
--- End quote ---
Last time I checked v6 databases were still compatible with the latest v5.x of Movie Collector, so going back (well, forward in some cases) to MoC 5 should be no problem for you. I use both versions. v6 for regular usage, and v5 when I need to add DVDs since few Scandinavian releases are in the collectorz database. Bit of a workaround, obviously, but I really haven't found another product that I'm too happy with. Still looking though... sadly. :-\
-TucknDar (June 04, 2009, 12:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's an interesting option but I don't have version 5.xx though as I rebuilt/reinstalled my computer after I stopped using it and don't imagine that I can get it off the website. Maybe it's around somewhere.

TucknDar:
I thought it was still available on their website, but apparently not... I might have the installer for the latest 5.x version though, if you're interested. As long as you've still got your license for it, it'll work. Just PM me if you're interested.

J-Mac:
A lot of versions available for download at the OldVersion.com forum. Worth a try.

Jim

KenR:
Some more threads have mysteriously vanished from the Collectorz board :-\

I'm starting the conversion to eXtreme Movie Manager. While not the most beautiful app out there, it's got tons of features, uses a number of scripts (more can be added by users) to import data, is actively developed by an author who seems genuinely interested in his customers. The program only costs $10 btw! Data exported from Movie Collector to XML can be imported (images as well!) so the change didn't take long, but there's a fair bit of updating needed. Best alternative I've found!

Only 10$ , unlimited updats included!
--- End quote ---
(sic) ;)
-TucknDar (March 24, 2009, 04:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hey Tuck,

I did exactly the same thing a couple days ago and without seeing or reading this thread. What a coincidence!

When you're done, you want to convert my movies too?

Hope you're doing well.

Take care, Ken

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version