ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Collectorz.com... again!

<< < (2/24) > >>

TucknDar:
Of course a big part of the problem is also Alwin himself. Not only doesn’t he mince words - which doesn’t bother me at all - but he can also get pretty abrasive to users in his forum. Personality trait, I guess. That never helps in situations like this!-J-Mac (November 29, 2008, 10:27 PM)
--- End quote ---
Wouldn't bother me if it weren't for the fact that he's the president of the company.

Should add that several of their employees are both responsive, quick to provide good support and seem genuinely interested in providing service to their customers.

Some major edits since trying to be more reasonable about disagreements.

Carol Haynes:
It was pretty much my experience with the firm too - 'like it or lump it' on other issues raised during the change of upgrade policy.

For me one of the points of the software was that you collect information from a number of sources.

As it is presumably they are expecting paying customers to populate the database with information that they then charge the paying customers to use!

If this was an open source project it would be OK but they are just in it for money making purposes - and is one of the reasons they sell the same software (basically they are all the same) about 6 times rather than inventing a single 'Entertainment' database system.

Out of curiosity did they ever actually pay companies like Amazon for using their databases or did they just allow customers to leech information? It would explain why regular updates were required when companies changed their backdoor search engine technology. Mybe they have actually been asked by amazon etc. to cease and desist!

TucknDar:
Mybe they have actually been asked by amazon etc. to cease and desist!-Carol Haynes (November 30, 2008, 06:45 AM)
--- End quote ---
I doubt it, as that would have certainly given them reason to stop using other sources, and a valid reason at that.

Josh:
It looks like not only is Alwin talking down to his users and making it known that people who have already paid are not their primary focus anymore, but he is deleting posts that he does not agree with. While this is his right, I find it highly detestable.

See here

Josh:
It also appears that the administrator, Alwin, is removing all negative posts so that users "Which are happy" can post. He even deleted his post about him deleting other users posts. A good majority of the posts complaining about the change mentioned above have been or are in the process of being removed. Am I the only one who feels he is shooting himself and his company in the foot with this move?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version