ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Collectorz.com... again!

<< < (6/24) > >>

Carol Haynes:
There is a simple reason why they remove the negative comments - they constantly send out newsletters saying how the vast majority love their apps and there are few negative comments. What better way to prove the point in the future 'look at are forums - all our users are tremndously positive and happy about our products'.

It is simply a cynical marketing ploy and if they manage to alienate long term users so much the better from their warped perspective.

I have three life time licences and they have won with me - I no longer request updates and it is a long time since I have bothered to use the software I purchased because I know it has a limited life span - either Windows upgrades will kill it or source catalogue changes will kill the versions I have.

Personally I have no interest in only having access to only US catalogues for Books, DVDs and Music (I live in the UK) when every country has different editions, cover art, editors etc. and I can't see for the life of me why a European business wants to exclude the rest of the world - including themselves!! I presume they perceive the biggest market is the US - but with the US only representing about 3% of the world population - and about 85-90% are likely to be online by 2020 the whole policy seems stupid and short sighted.

J-Mac:
Carol,

I can't be certain but I believe that they do have European covers, etc. available. I know they have European books in Book Collector; by that I mean you can search the Euro equivalent of ISBN numbers and see European book covers, editions, etc. And I know a lot of European DVD collectors post and they seem to be able to search for their local regions/versions. I might be dead wrong but htat's what it looks like. Might be worth a quick look for you - do a quick update for all your databases.

Thanks!

Jim

Carol Haynes:
I haven't looked for a while but when they released the latest version bumps they specifically said they were using US catalogues only. Maybe they relented but it was certainly off putting - and if they can do/say that sort of thing it doesn't instil confidence that some other random decision will be made in the future.

Darwin:
Here's a screenshot (because I'm not sure that the posts will be around a week from now) of an exchange that took place yesterday on the Collectorz.com mp3 Collector forum that gives some insight into the mindset at Collectorz.com:

Collectorz.com... again!

Just to note, I understand that forum mods are free to do as they please on their forums, but this kind of response to what to my mind appears to be a rather innouous, though admittedly negative, post does nothing to assure me that Collectorz.com is interested in their customers' ongoing satisfaction/opinion.

EDIT: last few words of last sentence were cut off  :-[

TucknDar:
Here's a screenshot (because I'm not sure that the posts will be around a week from now) of an exchange that took place yesterday on the Collectorz.com mp3 Collector forum that gives some insight into the mindset at Collectorz.com:
 (see attachment in previous post)
Just to note, I understand that forum mods are free to do as they please on their forums, but this kind of response to what to my mind appears to be a rather innouous, though admittedly negative, post does nothing to assure me that Collectorz.com is interested in their customers.
-Darwin (February 23, 2009, 08:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Another example of what I would call unprofessional treatment of unhappy customers. I think it's a good thing that the director of the company is active in the forum, but I'd expect some professionalism and not so much sarcasm. It's obvious that we as customers should follow some general guidelines as to how and what to post, but there is only one part that has an obligation to be professional even if the customer may complain.

Still happy with Movie Collector 5.6 and Book Collector 6 is growing on me, but the way the company is going means I still have to look at alternatives from time to time :/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version