ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is there a context menu editor which works with Vista?

(1/2) > >>

alexey_r:
I have just tried to find a program for editing the system context menus, similar to the Menu Editor extension for Firefox. All programs I've found seem to be one of three types:
1. Programs which just add new items and submenus: FileMenu Tools, Moo0 RightClicker
2. Programs which allow you to enable/disable specific items, but not to change their order or create submenus: ShellExView
3. A program which does just what I want, but works with Windows XP only: Mmm.

Is there some program like Mmm which works with Vista?

The_Doomer:
Hi!

I wrote the author of Mmm+ about the vista problem (2007-07-03) and the answer I got was!  :huh:

There will probably be made a version that is more compatible with
Vista.

For the time being, try to install the program as administrator, and
also set it to "Run as Administrator" to make it more compatible.

BTW: Try Mail the author

//Regards The_Doomer

MrZebulon:
Hello All,
I've tried to install Mmm free, but during installation there was a blue screen. Second try the same. So I gave up.
Are there any experiences with the Mmm+ version on XP?
It seems to be a newer version.
Or any alternatives to Mmm /free/+?
Many thanks

Greetings
Roland

hpearce:
Not to my knowledge.
see this tho on registry hacks: http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/how-to-clean-up-your-messy-windows-context-menu/

alexey_r:
The trouble with registry hacks is that they don't allow you to reorder items, only to disable/enable them. Or at least I've not seen any articles which would explain how to reorder them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version