ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

video game design classes

(1/1)

momonan:
This may be old news to some, but check this out.  Vrgrrl is ahead of her time. Video game design classes offered at more major universities.
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/22/arts/design/22vide.html

vrgrrl:
thanks momonan! video game design classes are definitely becoming more prevalent. next semester i'm teaching a science in children's museums class for my community of undergrad women scientists-to-be and reworking my video game design class for next fall. lots of lessons learned this semester -- even though these courses are "new," there are some advantages to keeping your co-instructor from making things "too" experimental. eventually the semester does end and i'm not a big fan of incomplete grades that end up bringing the class into the next semester. so "structure"? not a bad thing. lol. but the students have been pretty good sports and good student "colleagues." too many times instructors don't give students enough of a role in shaping courses...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version