Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site November 01, 2014, 01:57:48 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: NANY 2009 Rewards  (Read 12890 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: November 26, 2008, 01:41:12 PM »

For those who already have 2 mugs from DC for participating in previous NANY 2009 events, perhaps we could offer this deluxe zipped hoodie:

http://www.cafepress.com/donationcoder.333447745

Maybe we a custom NANY 2009 Cody logo?

Zip around town in style with this zip-up hooded sweatshirt. Made of soft fleece, it keeps you (and anyone next to you) toasty. Yet it's rugged enough for impromptu games of touch football.
    * 10 oz. fleece blend (90% cotton/10% polyester)
    * Fleece-line hood
    * Jam-resistant metal zipper
    * Heavy-weight 1x1 ribbing at cuffs and waistband
    * Durable double-needle sewing
cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 07:53:40 PM »

Spiffy

Jam-resistant metal zipper

Is this made in Canada?  I thought you guys call it jelly?

Chris
justice
Supporting Member

Solve issues simply.

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 04:01:35 AM »

Looks great see I should have participated last year Wink By the way maybe that shop should be promoted better as an alternative way to donate? First time I've visited it you see.
What's with the prices thoguh? 65 quid for a mug?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 04:03:44 AM by justice » Logged

TucknDar
Charter Member

Advanced coder of Nowt

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 04:50:19 AM »

Sounds like they're a bunch of mugs... embarassed
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 04:11:19 PM »

This shop has been set up as a way to thank those people who are making unusually large donations to DonationCoder.com. The items in this store have been marked up substantially, so that we receive from $50 to $75 of each purchase; this is your donation to our site.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 05:17:00 PM »

The truth is that it seems more special to give out those things to people on special occasions, rather than have people buying them -- so the ridiculous prices help make sure that people don't just buy things.
Perry Mowbray
N.A.N.Y. Organizer
Charter Member

Thoughtful Scribbles

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2008, 03:16:54 AM »

I'm not sure if this is the right place (but it seems best).

By a happy mistake (give-aways from a previous Review that got lost), I have 7 copies of Backup4All available, that we'll be giving away to NANY 2009 entrants (note: they are not winners as such, well, they are winners because they get a brand spanking new version of Backup4All, but they're not winners because they "beat" everyone else, per se).

Mouser has said that I should choose who should receive them, and although I feel totally out of my depth in this, I'll be awarding the B4A copies to those entries that I feel benefit DonationCoder (my argument is that users give donations because of the benefit they receive, and these awards are given because of the benefit DC receives). So I'm not entirely sure how I'll come to a decision, but Mouser wanted a quirky, widespread approach so hopefully that's what we'll get.

No matter what, NANY is a great concept, and we all appreciate your efforts!

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »

I have a couple of miscelaneous computer things to give away, an external usb2 dual sata drive enclosure, some good sata racks, a tv tuner.
f0dder
Charter Honorary Member

[Well, THAT escalated quickly!]

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 11:07:20 PM »

Wow, that hoodie looks nice!

I don't have a NANY mug, but I do have a DC mug from the captioning contest - wish I had some (realistic) ideas for NANY so I'd have a chance of getting the hoodie :/

- carpe noctem
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 11:26:00 PM »

Crush

Hello dude!

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 05:12:34 AM »

Hey mouser, this would be a cool thing for the next Dusmania!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 05:18:27 AM by Crush » Logged
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2008, 10:14:02 PM »

I like that hoodie with the zipper, but does it come in gray?

With 2 black & white cats that shed black hairs all over white clothing and white hairs all over black clothing, the only way I can stop them from shedding is to wear gray.  tongue

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 07:01:15 PM »

the new image is shown here:
http://www.donationcoder....rum/index.php?topic=16266
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2009, 05:57:33 AM »

There is this stoneware bowl on cafepress (it says its for pets but could be used for candy dish, etc.); if its like quality of mugs then it could be quite nice indeed:
PhilB66
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2009, 07:26:54 AM »

ewemoa
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2009, 07:45:17 AM »

Hysterical! 
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 02:34:22 AM »

I mentioned above how I (and others) may have misc. extra prizes to give away.. If NANY participants have specific requests for these items please chime in -- or suggest other prizes you might ask for from people reading, etc.
czb
Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2009, 05:04:54 AM »

I would suggest
http://www.jetpens.com/pr...info.php/products_id/3219
( http://lifehacker.com/5108130/uni+ball-kuru-toga )
or similar.
I use a pencil in my everyday life and this would be a great present. And if it had DC mark on it, it would be unbeatable  Thmbsup

My open-source online piano game: http://musicope.com/
skwire
Global Moderator

Another Coding Snack request? Om nom nom...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2009, 07:16:31 AM »

I mentioned above how I (and others) may have misc. extra prizes to give away.. If NANY participants have specific requests for these items please chime in -- or suggest other prizes you might ask for from people reading, etc.

I'm gunning for the external USB SATA enclosure.   Thmbsup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.05s | Server load: 0.12 ]