ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Protect Email Addresses on Web Sites

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
Hi all,

I just released the Renegade Email Protector v2.0.

It is a very simple utility that lets you post email addresses safely on the web so that spambots can't harvest them. I've tested it with a bunch of spambots and none of them were able to gather an address from it.

You can download it here:

http://renegademinds.com/Default.aspx?tabid=68

There are 4 different algorithms with each one being stronger than the previous one. The 4th one is just nasty  :D (And yes - I'm planning a 5th really nasty mother-******.)

Now - It *is* theoretically possible for a spambot to get an address, but the amount of computing power makes it far from practical. (Spam is about numbers - not quality - I can explain further if needed.)

I'm not sure if anyone here needs it or wants it, but it's there for anyone that does.

And all for the amazingly low price of $0.00 USD. I don't know what that is in pounds, but I'm pretty sure it is 0 Euros ;)

Cheers,

Ryan

brotherS:
I'm not sure if anyone here needs it or wants it, but it's there for anyone that does.

And all for the amazingly low price of $0.00 USD. I don't know what that is in pounds, but I'm pretty sure it is 0 Euros ;)
-Renegade (November 22, 2005, 09:41 AM)
--- End quote ---
:D I'll recommend it to a few friends who might be interested, you should put it on http://fileforum.betanews.com/ etc.

So it works by forcing the browser to decipher the email addresses locally, right?

mouser:
fantastic!

and also very important - everyone should use a tool like this if their email is going to be online.
really are bot scripts constantly running around the web collecting emails, and worse yet they now seem to email you pretending to be from the site they found you on, so protecting your email address online is very important.

i love how you generate different types which could be needed in different cases.

love the look of it too.  nice work as always ryan:

brotherS:
...and thanks for the "My Name Is here" joke  :Thmbsup:

rrtwister:
I will definately give this a try. It will sure beat using the js imagine routine that simply makes your address an image.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version