ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Is it time to start a new AntiVirus/Internet Security Suite review thread?

<< < (13/17) > >>

Innuendo:
Avast's latest program update is known to interfere with The Bat! Just look for CodeTRUCKER's posts on this forum. It's also known to interfere with Newsbin Pro. Those are just the two I know of in recent memory. Fortunately, in both cases just adding an exclusion to the respective programs' download directories clears up the problem.

IE8 is the problem with your lagging. Microsoft's new browser doesn't handle very well long lists of restricted sites. The minute I saw in the IE8 beta that they took away the address bar auto-complete I knew there was someone incompetent in charge. Your only solution is to either switch browsers or stop using the restricted sites functionality of Spybot.

Innuendo:
To anyone following Agnitum's offerings, I just downloaded their latest beta version of their security suite v6.7 beta 4 and the changelog states they are using a new anti-virus engine. I haven't been using it long, but it seems like my system is more responsive and not lagging as much with the previous betas.

Helpful tip: Don't even try to install any version of Agnitum's suite older than v6.7 on Windows 7 or your unhappiness level will be great.

Josh:
You know, I just swapped to NOD32 and purchased a 2 year, 2 user license for my wife and my PC's and I will not look back. ESET Nod32 4.0 is a very decent product with very powerful configuration and control options. I swear by it and it has replaced the Symantec Endpoint Protection which was provided to me for free through the US Army.

Innuendo:
Yes, NOD32 is a very good product. It's been slipping down in the AV rankings, but I'm sure it'll bounce back.

Anyone looking to buy NOD32 should keep an eye out for NewEgg sales. Every so often they put it on sale for $9.99 w/ free shipping. You definitely can't go wrong at that price.

Curt:
June 23'rd 2009: http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/safensec-2009-deluxe/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version