ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Free License for Photo Pos Pro

<< < (2/4) > >>

Lutz_:
Photo POS is a very nice intermediate image editor.
But would you not think, that they really should think about re-naming "POS" to a less ambiguous term?

Darwin:
But would you not think, that they really should think about re-naming "POS" to a less ambiguous term?
-Lutz_ (November 24, 2008, 12:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

Darwin:
I took advantage of this (I'm a software junkie, afterall  :-[) and noticed that one of the two exes that run when you invoke it is PosGlblInfo2.exe, which receives ratings from online databases that range from benign and trusted to a trojan. I only noticed when looking at Task Manager - I've scanned the file, the folder and my computer and Sophos (via Webroot Antivirus) reports that all is well.

For now, I'm leaving it alone but I'm wary of it, so am monitoring my system carefully.

dantheman:
Darwin,

These AV programs make me go... i won't tell you where but the other day i had Kaspersky on for trial and it identified Postsmile and EssentialPIM programs as slightly to more dangerous do have and nothing about this "paws" one.  :P
PCTools and ESET never identified these but did identify another. So? Which program should i trust?

Darwin:
I hear you, Dan (even if you won't tell me!). What a waste of time...  :o Computers are supposed to have enabled us and made life simpler and more convenient and yet I spend an obscene amout of time worrying about security and tweaking my system  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version