topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Ideas for future versions?  (Read 18685 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Ideas for future versions?
« on: November 22, 2005, 02:54 AM »
i had two ideas:
1) allow user to make flipbooks by providing a directory or list of images (instead of a movie); could be fun just for making small booklets of pictures.
2) allow user to make flipbooks by providing a file of text lines (kine of like a book of quotes).

any comments or further ideas?

bigbill25

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Swiftcurrent Reflections
    • Donate to Member
Re: Ideas for future versions?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2005, 01:26 AM »
Somebody made a 5 fps movie with a Canon 20D camera and its "motor drive" and strung together the resulting JPEG files, so I think your idea '1' would be great.

I just made flipbooks to send out as Christmas cards and only had one real desire: On the Cover Page and Back Page, it would be nice to be able to have different fonts, or at least different sizes. I wanted to say "Merry Christmas" with a large font on the back page and then have my blog URL is a small font.

The software seemed very stable. One change that I would ask for is on the Movie Control pane. There are the 'Play', 'Stop', 'Reverse', 'Forward', and 'Record' buttons. The forward and revers buttons go all the way to the beginning or end of the movie. I think it would be much more useful to have them single step through the frames. You can use the play, stop, and clicking on the time-line to get close, but it is hard to nail a single frame right now.

The Recent Projects menu also has a somewhat odd behavior. If you are working on a project and do a Save As, that new project does not show up in the Recent Projects menu. So, if you close the program, come back at a later date, you have to find the project via the Open command, then it shows up in the Recent Projects.

You should be getting kickbacks from Avery and Epson. I printed 480 "business cards" and almost went through an entire black ink cartridge...

--Bill
« Last Edit: December 11, 2005, 01:28 AM by bigbill25 »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2005, 01:44 AM »
good ideas -

and it's nice to hear that people are getting some use out of the program :)

i think a good alternative to trying to implement a multifont support would be to allow you to easily specify an "image" for cover page and back page; then you could simply make a custom picture with your own fonts and stuff in an image editor and use that.  what do you think? or would that be too inconvenient?

as for supporting a directory of image files - another option is the "image to avi" freeware tool i linked to on the flipbook printer page; it will make an avi from images, which flipbook printer can then add.

as for single frame stepping, see the attached picture, there are controls for that.

i will try to fix the recent projects issue.

some more ideas i plan to add to next version in the coming weeks:
  • more printing options like support for n-up and printing order options to make it easier to stack images for stapling.
  • ability to add subtitles

ps.
if anyone has more card stock labels they have created please post them.
keep the ideas coming!

bigbill25

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2005, 02:02 AM »
i think a good alternative to trying to implement a multifont support would be to allow you to easily specify an "image" for cover page and back page; then you could simply make a custom picture with your own fonts and stuff in an image editor and use that.  what do you think? or would that be too inconvenient?

That would be great. Then not only could you do text, but add any graphic...

as for single frame stepping, see the attached picture, there are controls for that.

Ah, didn't see those! Thanks.

--Bill

bigbill25

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 04:30 PM »
Another thought: Have an option to not print the page number on the first page. (You might also want to add an option to turn off the last page for people who reverse the movies).

Saw your Beta update, but haven't had a chance to look at it yet. Thanks!

--Bill

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2005, 04:33 PM »
good idea about page number on first page (a cover page can fix that too though, since cover page doesn't get numbered), and in the new version you can tell it to use first frame of movie as cover page btw.

scungiliman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2009, 11:43 AM »
How about another suggestion for next release.. how about drag and drop video onto the app or make app open with movie file by clicking on movie file .. that way if were doing multiple videos to flipbook would be an easier set up using default properties

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 11:44 AM »
you should be able to already drag and drop a movie file into flipbook printer.

scungiliman

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 09:27 AM »
Thanks for quick reply..

Heres what i figure...   I have video capture create file and the software opens up flipbook printer automatically

but the trick will be to get new video as default.. or file in the flipbookprinter.ini
Ive tryed to put in values in the ini file but still defaults to no movie  .. but all other new setting stay

is there a way to force the movie file upon opening ?

I can VB the script to change ini file before flipbook opens