ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What is Donation Coder?

<< < (3/8) > >>

cranioscopical:
I was saying the other day that FARR does everything but make tea!
-CleverCat (November 23, 2008, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
It probably could, but you'd have to wait toolong.

J-Mac:
I was saying the other day that FARR does everything but make tea!
-CleverCat (November 23, 2008, 08:04 AM)
--- End quote ---
It probably could, but you'd have to wait toolong.
-cranioscopical (November 23, 2008, 09:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Ouch!

BTW, I agree that this poster is a fraud; check Google here.

PPLandry:
it's probably the same old tactic of coming back some weeks later to edit the post and make it point to the product they want to spam.-f0dder (November 22, 2008, 01:18 PM)
--- End quote ---

@Mouser: Could the post editing be time limited? I makes sense to allow editing for 1-2 hours after posting, but why should we be allowed to edit posts that are 1 week old, or more? Some sites don't allow editing, you post it, it is there...

I appreciate the possibility to edit posts, but it could be limited in time.. after all subsequent posts are responses to that post, not an edited (possibly totally different) one.

Just my 2 cents

f0dder:
@Mouser: Could the post editing be time limited? I makes sense to allow editing for 1-2 hours after posting, but why should we be allowed to edit posts that are 1 week old, or more? Some sites don't allow editing, you post it, it is there...

I appreciate the possibility to edit posts, but it could be limited in time.. after all subsequent posts are responses to that post, not an edited (possibly totally different) one.

Just my 2 cents
-PPLandry (November 23, 2008, 08:43 PM)
--- End quote ---
Might actually be a good idea - it would thwart the spam-edits, as well as prevent people from going rampant and removing their old posts in pissed-off-fury :)

mouser:
it's a pretty good idea i agree..
the only trouble would be those occasional posts where an update is useful, like changing a download link, or a first post of a thread which summarizes info, etc.

not sure how to strike a balance between the two.. maybe if by default editing was blocked after 24hrs, but a mod could reset it for a post on request?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version