ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

[Enhancement request] Better "search as you type" a.k.a incremental search

(1/3) > >>

Kuntau:
Actually I want to request this long time ago but I always forget  ;D

Search as you type/ incremental search indeed one of the most important feature of FARR as I think it need to be improve.

[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

I would like if FARR can implement incremental search as Locate offer.

Here is some few reason.

1. Delay: Search with each character put unnecessary work on the machine for quick typist. Eg. You want to find a program that will require at least 5 characters to give relevant result. So if FARR start searching on each keystroke then it put unnecessary strain on the machine.

2. Minimum character: Nearly the same as above reason there is no point for FARR to search for one character only that surely will give too many result and maybe too many unwanted result also. So if FARR start searching from 2nd or 3rd character will be much better & efficient.

3. The reason of above reason is I always find FARR in "hanging state" where you type something really fast and it will took a few second until it appear on the search box.

*hopefully someone can understand my english*

mouser:
ok fair enough, i will add to todo list.

Kuntau:
ok fair enough, i will add to todo list.
-mouser (November 21, 2008, 10:46 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks mouser!!  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup: :-*

d4ni:
Great suggestion, will be useful indeed :Thmbsup:

Kuntau:
Since seeing your are doing a lot update on most of your software, I would like to BUMP for this feature :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version