ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

To Do Tree

<< < (4/4)

deviantopian:
Just been playing around and noticed that nodes are added as siblings if you drop them to the left of a node :-[

It may be better to keep the default settings here as doing it the other way is making things complicated :-\

ppass:
you could add a link to a Note from each node, but what if the Note is moved? What should the program do then?
--- End quote ---
It should be up to the user to be aware that if he moves notes around, then they may not be seen in to do tree anymore.
But to help the user, this is where environment variables come in handy, as explained in my initial post.

If nodes are always created as child nodes of the node they're dropped on, what happens if you just want to reorder your top level nodes? I'm currently working on sorting out the reordering of items, so I'm certainly interested in hearing your thoughts on this.
--- End quote ---
I am not going to define specs from scratch for this. For me the absolute reference for moving nodes in a tree is feedreader. feedreader is a rss reader. The left pane lists subscribed feeds in their category. A feed can be moved from one category to an other by drag and drop. You can also drop an item between two others, then a line appears between the two items and you can drop the item very precisely between the two.
You may try it out for yourself. feedreader comes by default with pre-loaded feeds and categories, so you can try this very easily.

If you wish to discuss slightly different specs, I am open, let me know.

Gothi[c]:
<spam>
http://linkerror.com/tolipo.cgi?lang=en
</spam>

:D

I like the fact that you can store multiple lists in the combo below - that was a nice idea.

deviantopian:
I've had a look at FeedReader. The behaviour of its tree is more complicated than in To Do Tree because there are two different types of items - folders and feeds - and a folder cannot become a child node of a feed. A drop-target indicator would definitely be nice. I think I'd have to use a more advanced TreeView though as the one I'm using doesn't offer that capability out of the box.

Drag & drop is giving me more headaches now - specifically to do with it forgetting the expanded state of the nodes when they're moved >:(.

Hey, that's pretty cool, Gothi[c]... great minds think alike :Thmbsup:. Yours seems to be more structured than mine with Projects and Tasks. The changelog is a nice idea as well.

I won't be developing To Do Tree any more. Any further development will happen on Tree List (my NANY 2009 submission), so check it out here: Tree List

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version