ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

To Do Tree

<< < (3/4) > >>

deviantopian:
Hey ppass, thanks for your feedback :)

I'm submitting a rewrite of this app for NANY 2009:
https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=16008

Keyboards shortcuts will be added for most things, you can already use Shift+Down for a new item and Shift+Right for a new sub-item. I'll find some way of implementing collapse/expand all as well.

Thanks for the info on support for disk labels etc... that'll be useful; Your other suggestions are certainly possibilities, but for now they'll have to stay that way :-[

Richard

ppass:
Thanks.

Talking about keyboard shortcuts, please add CTRL+Z "Undo".

When you say "Thanks for the info on support for disk labels etc... that'll be useful;", do you mean that you accept to attach a note to each node in the To Do Tree as I suggest you?

deviantopian:
When you say "Thanks for the info on support for disk labels etc... that'll be useful;", do you mean that you accept to attach a note to each node in the To Do Tree as I suggest you?-ppass (December 04, 2008, 08:23 AM)
--- End quote ---
I see you are an optimist :D, but I'm afraid not, no. I want to concentrate on getting each program to do its specific job as well as possible. I can see how your suggestion would be useful, but I think if I was going to combine the two I'd might prefer to do it from the ground up.

I'll add undo to my to do list :)

Richard

ppass:
I see, so you can't combine the two? It looked fairly simple to me (add a link to a note from each Note). But I am not a programmer, so I can't tell for sure...

One more improvement I may ask: when drag and dropping a node to an other node, can you make it become a subnode?

Example:
A
|-A1
|-A2
B
C
|-C1

Drag and dropping C into A would lead to:
A
|-A1
|-A2
|-C
   |-C1
B

I thought that this is the default behaviour of a tree view, but it does not seem to work like that in To Do Tree.

deviantopian:
I see, so you can't combine the two? It looked fairly simple to me (add a link to a note from each Note). But I am not a programmer, so I can't tell for sure...-ppass (December 08, 2008, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---
Well I'm only a beginner programmer myself (this is my third application). Yes, it seems simple and it's certainly possible. However there would quite a few things to take into account when doing this. For starters, the Note application allows Notes to be stored anywhere... you could add a link to a Note from each node, but what if the Note is moved? What should the program do then?

One more improvement I may ask: when drag and dropping a node to an other node, can you make it become a subnode? Example:

A
|-A1
|-A2
B
C
|-C1

Drag and dropping C into A would lead to:

A
|-A1
|-A2
|-C
   |-C1
B

I thought that this is the default behaviour of a tree view, but it does not seem to work like that in To Do Tree.-ppass (December 08, 2008, 07:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

The default behaviour of a tree view is also to add new items above the currently selected item. Where I come from we read and write from the top left to the bottom right. So the default behaviour isn't always the most intuitive.

If nodes are always created as child nodes of the node they're dropped on, what happens if you just want to reorder your top level nodes? I'm currently working on sorting out the reordering of items, so I'm certainly interested in hearing your thoughts on this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version