ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > DC Member Programs and Projects

To Do Tree

(1/4) > >>

deviantopian:
From the creator of Note, comes To Do Tree.

To Do Tree lets you create, save and easily access several hierarchical lists. It stores each list in an xml file and its settings in an ini file in the folder it's run from. It doesn't write anything to the registry.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and a little obsessed with getting my programs to "just work" and be intuitive without having to interrupt the user at all. I haven't been able to do this as much as I'd like with this program - it still prompts the user to save the first list they create. I'm thinking of starting off with a default list on first run so that you'd only be prompted to save if you delete all lists. I'd be glad to hear any of your thoughts on this. There are a few other prompts I'd like to get rid of but I'm not sure how.

Anyway, if any of you would like to have a play about with it and give me some feedback that would be cool.

Richard

mouser:
looks elegant -- i like the minimalist approach.  :up:

Dormouse:
I think a checkbox is an essential part of any todo list, however simple.

Apart from that a really minimal approach has a lot of uses.

mouser:
Dormouse is right, you need to be able to check off completed items and see that you have completed them.
However in keeping with your minimalist approach, a nice compromise would be a View mode that let you decide whether you wanted to see all items (with checkboxes user could mark for completed items), or view only unfinished items (which would hide all checked items).

deviantopian:
Yeah, checkboxes is a good idea. I was thinking of having formatting options for individual items to specify high/low priority / completed items, amongst other things.

Thanks.

Richard

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version